What to do if I do not agree with the appeal?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
martin76

What to do if I do not agree with the appeal?

Post by martin76 »

Hi,
We applied for reception class to late-in March. But in this school our sun have sibling (brother). Because the school is in another council – we applied through our council, which didn’t sent forms for more then 2months.In beginning of June- they did and from that moment we are on the waiting list 1st(because of sibling). My main point in appeal was that we lost those couple months and if some one got the place- that should have been us. They didn’t provide me information if between March-June some one declined the place – just as representative from council stated- from my knowledge no one moved out. The appeal was declined. Is this case is strong and could I appeal the appeal(through the court or so?
thanks for the answer.
Etienne

Re: What to do if I do not agree with the appeal?

Post by Etienne »

Hello, Martin

I think your first step - before considering other possibilities - should be to try and establish the facts. Write to Admissions at the council responsible for the school, outlining your concerns. Tell them the name of the school and the date of your appeal.

Point out that the LA representative's statement "from my knowledge no one moved out" is not quite categorical enough. You need to know as a fact whether any place for Reception (2011/12) at this school was offered from the waiting list during the period ............. [state the exact dates].

Keep a copy of the letter or email you send.
Etienne
martin76

Re: What to do if I do not agree with the appeal?

Post by martin76 »

Thanks

I just did it.
Will wait for the reply.

martin