Help! NEw To The Country & Lost With All Of This!!!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Worried Mom

Post by Worried Mom »

I guess I am a lot like most of you worried for the future of my sons education! He failed his 11+ (Wirral) test by 13 pionts. He passed an idependant school test and is on a waiting list (Can't Really Aford The fees) He also passed another over subscibed school test, Romain Catholic School ( we live right across the street from the school)but he is not of the Romain Catholic faith. I plan on appealing both the dessions 11+ and over subscribe school. This year we have had a major problem with him being bully at school by one boy and also two weeks prior to taking the 11+ test he broke his leg. During the secound 11+ test this boy was nocking the desk my son was working on (enough that he paper fell to the floor) the test marshall didn't see what was going on apperantly. I have written to the local councial within a week of the indecent and informed them after speaking to the school in which he wrote the test. The secound test is also the test in which he achived a lower score. Can I appeal to both schools if not which would I have a stronger case for. He is very bright boy in maths and science ( Also top sets for English, Maths and Science) He was at level 5A in year 5 for maths, I not really sure what that means ( the teacher said he was doing year 6 work) Well I am really looking for some advice and were do I start I have requested appeal forms from both of the schools. What next! Help which way do I go......
Darren

Post by Darren »

Have you spoke to the head of his school ?

If not you need to talk to the head to see what he or she thinks, and how strongly the school would support an appeal.

You have nothing to lose going to appeal but can be stressful.

Which school has your child been allocated on the Wirral.. I am assuming Park High ? If so then you must appeal ... Or pay private as I wouldn't send my worst enemy there...
Worried Mom

Post by Worried Mom »

His head teacher called me today, but wasn't avaialbe when I called back. If I have the head's support do you think I have a good appeal considering the what went on in the secound test?

His allocated school is Ridgeway and he doesn't want to go and very upset!
K.C

Post by K.C »

Worried Mom,

I can understand your concern, I am going through this myself at present.
You say your new to the country, How new? Did you come from a country where English wasn't your first language? I only ask because on top of what you have already said these could also be taken into consideration at appeal under mitigating circumstances. For an appeal to be successful you have to prove that the test was not a true reflection of your child's ability and potential.
K.C
Darren

Post by Darren »

Worried Mum.

I have sent you a personal message...
Worried Mom

Post by Worried Mom »

I am new to the whole procedure, VRT, SAT's and so on and so on! My son though has pretty much grown up here so I don't think the migration or langauge is an option.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now