Good luck

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tiredmum

Good luck

Post by tiredmum »

This time last year i was getting all my papers together for my dd's over-subscription appeal to a school that had a cut-off score she had missed by a couple of marks. It was a nerve-wracking experience that was made worse by things going on within my family. I COULD NOT have made it through without the support of this site, the experts who give their time and others who share their experiences to help you.

Our appeal was a success and now a year on dd and i are sure we made the right decision in appealing for her.

I want to say good luck to all who are going through appeals this year where ever you are in the country. The key is evidence, evidence and more evidence and to know your case inside out. Be confident about why your child would thrive at that school and ready for any questions they may ask.

GOOD LUCK one and all :)
Marylou

Re: GOOD LUCK

Post by Marylou »

tiredmum wrote: I want to say good luck to all who are going through appeals this year where ever you are in the country. The key is evidence, evidence and more evidence and to know your case inside out. Be confident about why your child would thrive at that school and ready for any questions they may ask.

GOOD LUCK one and all :)
Can't add much to that really, other than my own good luck wishes! :)
Marylou
chattabox

Post by chattabox »

What a great message.....:D..... thanks!!

Am now waiting for a date for the dreaded appeal!

The support, help and advice on here is fantastic. So many lovely people, with such positive words!

Good luck to all........ x
FAIRNESS

Post by FAIRNESS »

Thanks for the message and Good luck to all Appeal
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

Thanks dear. I am trying to keep away now as I feel I might not be adding anything to the forum and might have been hogging the boards with stupid questions. I feel that I am pretty much all over the appeal now and hope to get the papers in this week, will update you when it's over xx
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

rubyhettybetty wrote:Thanks dear. I am trying to keep away now as I feel I might not be adding anything to the forum and might have been hogging the boards with stupid questions. I feel that I am pretty much all over the appeal now and hope to get the papers in this week, will update you when it's over xx
of course you are not hogging the boards - am glad you have it all wrapped up though - any last min questions then come back and ask away :)
Angrymum357

Post by Angrymum357 »

Can anyone help with what questions are frequently asked of parents at appeals ?? x
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

Angrymum357 wrote:Can anyone help with what questions are frequently asked of parents at appeals ?? x
follow this link to the feedback area - each poster has written what questions they were asked
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =35&t=9205" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also read this - scroll down to where it says -B7 questions that may be asked

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... lification" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now