I have done the appeal letter, what's next? Loads of Q's

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
cindy

I have done the appeal letter, what's next? Loads of Q's

Post by cindy »

Hi, have done letter as per Eteinnes suggestion from Q&A, naturally the evidence is our own!

But what next?................

will places be awarded to appeal cases before those on waiting lists ,
at the same time, or afterwards?

Are dates for appeals given out in order of appeal application?

What proportion of school places do you think will free up, post appeals. Is it usually lots?

I n the appeal hearing do you think more weight will be given to the consistancy of academic evidence or the mitigating circs?

thank you.............................
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

cindy wrote:Hi, have done letter as per Eteinnes suggestion from Q&A, naturally the evidence is our own!

But what next?................

will places be awarded to appeal cases before those on waiting lists ,
at the same time, or afterwards? If at any time the number of pupils drops to below the admission number, then place(s) should be offered from the waiting list to bring the number of pupils back up to the admission number.

Once additional pupils have been allocated to an oversubscribed school via the appeals system, then it becomes harder to get a place from the waiting list because the number of pupils has to drop back down to below the admission number.

Are dates for appeals given out in order of appeal application? I think this is probable, but it's up to the admission authority to decide.

What proportion of school places do you think will free up, post appeals. Is it usually lots? Who knows? :D

I n the appeal hearing do you think more weight will be given to the consistancy of academic evidence or the mitigating circs? The academic evidence is always very important. In my view the extenuating circumstances don't matter too much for a near miss, but, the further away from the passmark, the more important they become.

thank you.............................
Regards
Etienne
cindy

Post by cindy »

once again, cant thank you enough......
:D
Cindy