Year 8 appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

FluffyD

Re: Year 8 appeal

Post by FluffyD »

Ah that's fantasticic news, congratulations to you all!
x
Vic x
drummer

Post by drummer »

What a fabulous outcome!! Well done to you both!!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Cally that is such good news! Well done to you and your son and I hope he'll be really happy there.
Gogi

Post by Gogi »

Congratulations callyj20

Fantastic news! Great journey, thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Enjoy this wonderful moment.
Q
x
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

Congratulations and well done!

I love a story with a happy ending. :D
anotherworriedmum

Post by anotherworriedmum »

Well done, its nice to hear such a good outcome :-)
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

that is great news for you and your son :D

well done for sticking with it
callyj20

Post by callyj20 »

Thank you everyone for your kind words. It has taken a few days for the news to sink in but we are so happy with the outcome. DS was grinning from ear to ear when we told him. We have already received details of which form and house he will be in and he has arranged to walk to school with his best friend from primary school who lives round the corner. They were so upset when they couldn't go to the same school so it will be nice to see them walking to school together again :)

I would like to think we had such a good case that the school felt they couldn't argue :wink: but I suppose we will never know. Our case is still sitting on the side as I can't bear to throw it away. I may keep it for DS3...just in case!
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Hi Cally ! I have just caught up on your news! What a fantastic outcome! I am so pleased for you all and hope that ds will be very happy at his new school. An inspiring story for those of us who have had disappointing year 7 appeals and are thinking about appealing again . Thank you for posting all the details ...I will refer to it again I am sure when I am awake in the small hours trying to decide what to do!!! All the very best to you all. Congratulations again x
callyj20

Post by callyj20 »

I thought I might post a little info for anyone reading this in future. The entrance exam was definitley a Midyis test which consisted of 3 parts. Verbal, Non-verbal and Mental Maths. The school said that the average score for Kings students was 114 for each test. We were told after DS took the exam that we were not allowed to know these scores and actually only found these out at the appeal hearing when the representative from Kings explained to the panel that as DS's scores were way above this and that they could take 30 in a class. I would have liked to know and I'm sure it would be very useful for anyone else thinking of appealing to know these scores beforehand. I would imagine you could find these out if the words 'Data Protection Act' were mentioned?

Interestingly our DS's Non verbal score was his highest in the entrance exam; this was the exam he failed the 11+ on scoring only 101. This proved to me that something happened in the original 11+ exam that we are still unaware of and that maybe our DC really do just have a bad day now and again! :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now