Non-English family (Bucks)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

TA123

Non-English family (Bucks)

Post by TA123 »

Our DD did not make it with the score 114. She was born and bred here but we moved to the UK 12 years ago before her birth and we do not speak English at home. Could be it in any way one of the reasons for appeal or it really does not matter? She's also August born but I think the score should include a compensation for that.
Sally-Anne

Re: Non-English family

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi TA123

I am sorry to hear your news.

Your DD will have been wholly educated in English, speaking it at school and with her friends, reading books in English and - presumably - watching TV. A panel is likely to conclude that she has had much the same exposure to the language as a child growing up in an English family. It might possibly make the difference on a score of 119 or 120, but it is unlikely to win the day on 114, so you are going to need as much academic evidence as possible.

Regarding the August birthday, you might like to take a look at my earlier reply to adoreableade, here:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=23177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sally-Anne
Etienne

Re: Non-English family

Post by Etienne »

I agree with S-A - if you want to appeal, it should be because you have some really strong and wide-ranging academic evidence.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
TA123

Re: Non-English family (Bucks)

Post by TA123 »

Thanks a lot for the responses. Yes, I understand that it is a very weak argument.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now