Bucks appeal - khanj010's appeal thread

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sally-Anne

Re: Bucks appeal

Post by Sally-Anne »

It is not possible to PM Etienne. Please look here instead: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =35&t=9907" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
khanj010

Re: Advice re extenuating circumstances

Post by khanj010 »

dear etienne i have tried to send some info about my appeal but dont seem to know how to on the appels box.
basically to cut it short my ds was getting in most practice paper 68-72 out of 80 and i was amazed he got 74 and 72 on the mock test in school. i had kept something from him which he found out that was happening to me, on the first test date a week before he was going to do it. this for sure i know has influenced his test results especially the first one as the teacher had said the first 1 was easy which he did find but althrough the test he was thinking about me. he scored 109 -113. i was quiet shocked as the first one he said was easy he got a low score in as it was on the same day as my meeting elsewhere. ive not spoken to the teachers but im sure they will back him up, he speaks nearly 4 languages , pridicted level 5s top ten in his class and a allrounder.He also suffers from allround seasonal hayfever conditions and has some form of ocd which the doctor has referred him for he has overcome bullying and not to mention the school just came out of special measures. so should i on these basis continue with the appeal and how should i put all these things in to words in the appeal please help as he himself was disappointed and i dont whant him to blame me for failing even though he has not mentioned it.
Etienne

Re: Bucks appeal

Post by Etienne »

Dear khanj010

You're still posting in other people's threads! :)
I've moved your last post here from Daisymay's thread.

Before we help with any questions, could you please follow the links I gave further up, and read all the advice. In the Q&As you will even find a specimen letter of appeal.
Etienne
khanj010

Re: Bucks appeal - khanj010's appeal thread

Post by khanj010 »

thanks for that.
ive read all the info and have started on the appeal letter already.
can you give me any feed back on my post dated nov 26 where i have briefly described my positiion.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

khanj010 wrote:thanks for that.
ive read all the info and have started on the appeal letter already.
can you give me any feed back on my post dated nov 26 where i have briefly described my positiion.
Which bits did you want feedback about ?
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

i would just like to know about will they accept the reason i pointed out about finding something out days before the test extenuating cicumstances and especially it being on the test date and about the same time. i have a letter to confirm this.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You must focus on the academic evidence - high level 5 predictions, the HT's strong recommendation. These carry far more weight than anything else.
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

but what about extenuating cicumstances and GP letters.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

will they accept the reason i pointed out about finding something out days before the test extenuating cicumstances and especially it being on the test date and about the same time
They will certainly consider it. How much weight they give it depends on just how serious it was, and whether the school might confirm that he looked upset or that his work in the following week or two was not up to the usual standard.
ive not spoken to the teachers but im sure they will back him up
It's good to know they will support him, but we need to see what actual evidence they come up with, and how wide-ranging it is.
how should i put all these things in to words
You don't need to worry about that. Keep it all very brief - what will matter is the evidence you attach.
Etienne
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

thank etienne for the quick reply. i just hope the school will back us up as the gap is quiet big.