Bucks appeal - khanj010's appeal thread

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

khanj010

Re: 12+

Post by khanj010 »

I am so proud of my ds.
In regards to anotherdad post , the reason why i have applied to both of the gs schools is that i have until the 14 th Jan to apply for the tests and i dont know which one of them will accept the appeal, so i have to choose 2 gs schools even if on is a mix gender school and have a go at 2 appeals.
In regards to not being challenged at his present school, well i do strongly believe that ds should of achieved level 5 at the end of year 6 sats, but due to his illness it was not possible. But i am very pleased that the present school has kept him on the right path :D
I did phone up the school in regards to the letter they sent me they advised me that to send them any medical proof of my ds which occured during the test which could of affected his results. I explained i will send them when i have an appeal date but they said it would help them to make a decision and if they accept them then there is no use making the appeal.
So now they are making there own rules :?
Should i do what they have asked or ask for the appeal?
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

khanj010 wrote:so i have to choose 2 gs schools even if on is a mix gender school and have a go at 2 appeals.
Entirely your choice, but just be careful. If you cite religious reasons at this stage, at best they are irrelevant, at worst contradictory.
khanj010 wrote:I did phone up the school in regards to the letter they sent me they advised me that to send them any medical proof of my ds which occured during the test which could of affected his results
Do they mean the 11+ test or the SATs assessments? I presume they mean the SATs assessments because the appeal for the 11+ was heard and not upheld. Again, you need to be careful. Recalling your previous posts, you had some SATs marks above the requirement and some below. Was your son ill for all of them or just the ones you were disappointed with?
khanj010 wrote:I explained i will send them when i have an appeal date but they said it would help them to make a decision and if they accept them then there is no use making the appeal.
It sounds as though they will "hear" your appeal on paper, not in person.
So now they are making there own rules :?
It's their school. They are entitled to.
Should i do what they have asked or ask for the appeal?
Given that you are appealing for the right to sit a paper to give you a chance of getting a place in a school year that is currently full, I would do whatever they ask.
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

Moderator - this thread now seems to be all about one person. Maybe it should all be put with Khanj010's appeal. I wanted to comment on something to do with the original topic but it doesn't seem appropriate any longer.
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

sorry kingfisher
but i dont know how to move all my post to my thread if any mods can do this i will be greatful. thanks
Sally-Anne

Re: Bucks appeal - khanj010's appeal thread

Post by Sally-Anne »

I have moved the posts for you now.
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

Thanks Sally-Anne
just like to say to every one on this site and especially to every one who have helped me through the 11+/12+ so far a merry xmas. May all your dreams and wishes come true.
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

I just wanted to say on my appeal thread that my ds passed the 12+ and thanks to every one who had the time to give me helpful advice and info. Don't think I would of been able to get through with this all without this forum so thanks once again.
Gogi

Post by Gogi »

Thats GREAT news! Sorry but i have got a little confused on the way ...does he have a place at grammar school?
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

Hi cogi
No my ds passed the 12+ but the allocations will take place in may , so hopefully we will find out then if he has got a place.