11 + appeal bucks help

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Guest55

Re: 11 + appeal bucks help

Post by Guest55 »

just counted or joint 8th in Buckinghamshire out of roughly 90,based on average points per pupil
There are more than 90 schools in Bucks doing KS2 tests and I would steer clear of APS - quote % of level 5 compared to Bucks and National ...
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I suspect an appeal panel will not be as well-informed about this as G55! :)
Etienne
sturman

Post by sturman »

Thanks for above advice, Ref: League tables.
Handed appeal forms in and waiting for the last of DD mock tests.

Etienne the current situation regarding predictions are:
Maths 5A Science 5B English 5C . However known KS2 mock tests which are nearly complete are. Maths 5b SCIENCE 5b and English Reading 5b [writing is being done today] DD has been allowed to bring tests home.HT predicted 5A maths because she was so close to 5A.Question is do you think i should just get a statement of fact from school stating what DD's current level of sats are?Also would the panel know its a couple of grades less than where she should be at end of year?

Many Thanks

Sturman
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Sturman -

By "it", I assume you mean English?

I suggest waiting for the Writing result.
Etienne
sturman

Post by sturman »

Hi All

Just got appeal date[incredibly quick] handed in on Monday ,confirmation Tuesday,given appeal date on Thursday 'wow'.Anyway its on 13th Jan. Bit of a problem because i'm worried i wont get her current tests results back this term and we only go back on the 3rd.Panel needs all evidence 10 days before.

Only waiting on her writing and shes due another science test on Monday.I need those two to show concrete evidence that she's working at 5c + b in English and science respectively and not just predicted that. Her mock science test was 5b.. Our Ooc HT seems not to want to predict unless he's absolutely sure.Regarding maths DD was so close to 5A in her mocks[ 90% ]that he felt safe to.

Would just the mock tests suffice as evidence to panel?

Sturman
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

sturman wrote:Would just the mock tests suffice as evidence to panel?
Results of any tests taken under correct test conditions in school will be fine to use as evidence.

If you need to, you can submit a small amount of evidence on the day of the hearing - for example, one sheet showing an updated set of test scores (on school headed paper). You would need to take 6 copies of it - one each for the members of the panel, the clerk and the LA Rep, plus your own copy.
sturman

Post by sturman »

Hi Sally-Anne or Etienne

I have sent DD's report to the appeal box.Would you mind having a look at it and giving me your opinion as to whether it would add to DD case or not.The report looked good to me when i first read it but there is no mention of specific high ability.Also in 'Teachers speak' it could mean opposite to what i'm thinking. With DD being so close with 118/120 i'm mindful that i should be careful what i hand in.

Getting even more paranoid than normal

MANY MANY THANKS

Sturman
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Ideally an appeal panel would like to see whether she's a really high achiever. Most of the ticks are in the 'consistently' or 'usually' column - I suppose that's the nearest we're going to get to achievement!

I do like the comments "great progress", "excellent progress", and especially "very quick to grasp new concepts"!

It's not hugely informative for an appeal panel (the word 'ability' doesn't get a mention!), but it won't do any harm, and might even do a little bit of good.
Etienne
sturman

Post by sturman »

Great advice again Etienne thanks very much.

I think you're right as well,at worst it cant do any harm.I think the panel will know there will be inconsistencies in Ooc reports and grades and so forth.Grammar school borough's are probably more mindful of what they say on reports.

I'll go and see if there's something else i can scare myself with.

Many Thanks

Sturman
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Grammar school borough's are probably more mindful of what they say on reports.
Not really! :)
Etienne