Bucks Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Morning Glory

Re: Bucks Appeal

Post by Morning Glory »

Sorry to hear you have been unsuccessful but fantastic that you and your DS are moving forward.

I hope your DS settles and is happy in his new school come September.

MG
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi SadDad

I am so very sorry to hear that you were unsuccessful. It was 50/50 at best, but it is such a shame that it was the wrong 50.
SadDad wrote:But DS is actually quite happy (or putting a brave face on it) as he is now with the rest of his friends that didn't get through and they are thinking about 12 plus.
Good for him! He will be motivated to try his absolute hardest for the 12+, and in the meantime he will be happy at being with his friends. You may find that he is happy being at the top of an Upper School, which is surely where he will be.
Wife is thankful as the long wait is over and we can move on.
I would if I were you. There is a risk that you could end up stranded here for all eternity! :oops:
Is there a 12 plus section?
No, because Bucks is one of the very few areas that has a formal 12+ process. There is information about the current process here http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... -procedure" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , but please also check this thread http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=23462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, because some schools have elected to change their Late Transfer Procedure for 2013 entry.

I will eventually arrange for an update of the main Bucks page of the website with all the information about 12+ testing.

In the meantime you are very welcome to start a thread in the Bucks section when you are ready to do so, and I will scoot over there to help, along with other 12+ veterans. :D

Sally-Anne
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I second everything MG and S-A have written above.

All the very best to you and your son, SadDad.
Etienne
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Sally-Anne wrote:. There is a risk that you could end up stranded here for all eternity! :oops:
Sally-Anne
Eh, what's your point? Sally-Anne? :lol:

I am sorry to hear your news SadDad, but am happy that you see a way forward, the whole process can be very difficult, and potentially 12+ is a good alternative. Good luck, and staying positive is the most important thing.
Sally-Anne did say to me a couple of years ago that cream always rises to the top,and that is very important to remember, for the simple reason that it is true.
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

Sorry to hear your news, SadDad. We were in your position 3 years ago and there is life after the 11+, honestly. Which upper school will you be allocated? Feel free to PM me if you’d rather…
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now