Appeal by 120 marks ..... Bucks

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Etienne

Re: Appeal by 120 marks ..... Bucks

Post by Etienne »

my daughter have 4a in maths and 4b in english whether it will be a problem as IAP expected level 5s in both..is that true???
Do you mean these are her levels at the moment, or are you talking about predicted levels for May?

Earlier on you wrote "so she will be on 5b in maths till may and 5c in english...presumably....."
Etienne
mumma

Post by mumma »

ya she have these scores at the moment in her Sats. Would it be a problem?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I don't think so! (Where do you get your information from?)

Appeal panels like to see predicted level 5s for the end of year 6 (or a good reason why not!). They don't necessarily expect level 5 standard now.
Etienne
mumma

Post by mumma »

Adding to that the teacher said that they are going to give 2 points for her academics and 1 for her hardwork. Is that a good recommendation or not.....how I can add to her appeal to make her appeal academically strong.....please guide me.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

the teacher said that they are going to give 2 points for her academics and 1 for her hardwork. Is that a good recommendation or not.....
If she means a '2:1', yes.
how I can add to her appeal to make her appeal academically strong.....please guide me.
See the Q&As! For example:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
mumma

Post by mumma »

Hi,
I've got the letter from the teacher today where the HT wrote I firmly support this appeal....and she's got 2:1 for her appeal....so how strongly it effects on IAP.Please tell me??????????
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

It's a good recommendation - but it's a starting point. The panel will be judging the evidence in its entirety.
Etienne
Yummiemummie

Post by Yummiemummie »

Hi Mumma,
Interesting research in FT newspaper a couple of years ago re summer children and how disadvantaged they are when taking the eleven plus, maybe worth mentioning her summer birthday. here's the link
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/0b055ef0-d8f2 ... z1fnP9GMF0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

best of luck, YM
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

An interesting article.

I think an appeal panel - in this context - would like to see some specific evidence relating to the child - e.g. evidence of 'recent rapid progress', and a comment from the headteacher alluding to 'maturity' ("It's a pity in this case that the 11+ didn't take place several months later").
Etienne
mumma

query for the big day????

Post by mumma »

Is there anyone who can help me the questions asked by the panel....plz :( who have attended the hearing recently.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now