Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
reeyah

Appeal

Post by reeyah »

Hi :)

DS got his KE score today. It is 214. We applied for KECH and KEFV only.

I believe he is 2 points below Aston and 2 points above BV according to the minimum score.

As some members and mods may know, DS was diagnosed with leukaemia in oct 2009. The treatment will continue until January 2013.

Do I have any grounds for Appeal to Aston???! I totally regret not putting it down on my application :-(. I thought it would be too out of the way. Since then we have bought a business midway ours and Aston. My DH can drop him off. I did not like the idea of DS using public transport, as the journey would be long and he is immunocompramised ( risk of infection ).

I'm worried that I have missed the chance by the way I applied. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Reeyah x
UmSusu

Re: Appeal

Post by UmSusu »

I wish I could give you some info on this Reeyah but it seems to be scarce. Until someone more knowledgable comes along, I just wanted to pass on my best wishes and let you know that I am really rooting for you :D . I was so happy that he got such a score as I was worried that the results might have knocked his confidence.

Have you talked to the foundation to see if they are prepared to accept a late application in such circumstances, or whether you will be left with no choice but to formally appeal? Keep us updated please or I will have to pester you over scramble :wink:
UmSusu
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Thank you UmSusu :D

I did not ask about late application, but I have asked someone who handles Appeals. He said I can still apply as a 'Special Consideration' for an Appeal, even though I did not apply for KEAS.

Only MY DS could cause the 11 plus journey to go on and onnnn! The school principle and and the vice have suggested I should appeal, otherwise I'll 'kick myself' but chances are still slim, realistically.

Oh have u finished the game? .... Let me check.... :lol:
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I'm sure you were right to enquire about a late application/appeal.

With regard to the basis of a case, see:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck.
Etienne
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Thank you Etienne :D Much appreciated.

V useful information. Only problem is them being not quite so lenient in Brum! It's a miracle for a KE appeal to be successful. Will update what happens. X
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

It's a miracle for a KE appeal to be successful
So I hear!

All you can do, if you want to have a go, is to put forward the best case you can.

You have nothing to lose but your sanity ........ :)
Etienne
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Etiene, I think lost my sanity long ago :lol:

2 years ago I know a girl who had the same illness as our DS did indeed win her Appeal for KE Handsworth. So there's a chance.. I'll update as I'm going along :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now