11+ Appeal - Advice please (Bucks)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
faitaccompli

Re: 11+ Appeal - Advise please

Post by faitaccompli »

Sally-Anne wrote:Not at all, faitaccompli.

Yes, the raw score is the mark out of 80.
Thank you! :oops:
gooddad

Post by gooddad »

hi , we have our appeal next friday ,

i have outlined the following in my presentation
what we think son should be in a GS
1 letter from HT
2 son's cats for year 4 and 5
3 Sats for yr 4, 5, and year 6 ( which are 5a 5a 5a )
4 Outline of year 5 school report
5 extenuating circumstances

A Brothers opp - we have a letter from the consultant and the doctors
B Boy crying in the 2nd exam- the HT did state this and has been recorded- there is a one liner in the letter by the HT

6 Books that my son reads
7 School work samples

8 closing thank you

do you think i am missing anythink ?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

gooddad wrote:year 6 ( which are 5a 5a 5a )
Excellent!
4 Outline of year 5 school report
Do you mean outline, or the whole thing? If you only provide edited highlights, the panel will wonder what the rest said.
7 School work samples
The same goes for this - whole books, not just a few copies from them.

You will need a two line statement to use as your summing up after questions. It is a formality that both you and the LA Rep are invited to sum up your case. It can just be a simple statement: "We wish to thank you for hearing our case, and we hope that we have provided you with sufficient evidence for you to feel able to uphold our appeal for X".
gooddad

Post by gooddad »

Hi Sally-Anne, thanks for the feedback

I have already given/sent in the yr 3, 4, and 5 reports with the apeal doc's, but i was going to read out the teachers and head teachers comments

I will be taking in the yr5 and 1st terms projects folders which have all subjects in , and i have was going to just reed out some of the teachers comments

one other section of my presentation is talking about my son out side of school and his interests
gooddad

Post by gooddad »

the worry i have is that the HT has given a 2: 2 as its a very high preforming school my son has been in top sets for 4 years

Having 2:2 do you think this will be a issue?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

one other section of my presentation is talking about my son out side of school and his interests
Take care! See B12, second paragraph:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Having 2:2 do you think this will be a issue?
Not in itself, no.
However, a '2' from a school that errs on the side of being too generous might possibly be perceived as more of a '3' - whereas, if the school has been quite strict with its recommendations, it might look like more of a '1'!
Etienne
gooddad

Post by gooddad »

HI , Thank youu for all the great advise,

I think that the school only gave 4 people 1:1 and the rest 2:2 it is a vry high preforming school , so i think 2:2 will still be very good

I have started to time my script and its about 15 mins - do you think this is too long

I will be reading out the yr 5 school report key points, but i will supply the pannal all of teh report
like wise with the school work , they will have all of it not just samples.

Once again , thank you for all the help and advise
gooddad

Post by gooddad »

Hi , Can i ask should, should we provide the panal a copy of the presentation, i have created a folder of all the sats and cats, but should i also give them a copy of my script ?

Also its is about 15 ish mins long, should i cut this down , or is that ok ?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Can i ask should, should we provide the panal a copy of the presentation, i have created a folder of all the sats and cats, but should i also give them a copy of my script ?
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a28" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also its is about 15 ish mins long, should i cut this down , or is that ok ?
It's within the official local guidance, but it sounds much too long to me! Aim for 10 minutes max., preferably 5!
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
gooddad

Re: 11+ Appeal - Advice please (Bucks)

Post by gooddad »

Hi

I wanted to give you some feedback

We had our appeal last friday

The panel were very friendly and it lasted about 45 mins from start to end

I have phoned up to see if i can get the results over the phone, but no luck need to wait for the letter, which should be with us tomorrow,
did ask the clerk if we had bad news would the letter give reason why we did not make the appeal , - was told that there will be reasons in the letter why and some do request the notes - is this telling me that we did not make it! just dont know.

DS results in sat's and cats are so high that he should be in a GS and he wants to be. I am not sure how my DS would react if its not good news, he took it so bad when he got the 11+ results - he has not been the same since knowing he's not going to a GS

I hope luck is on our side this once

Will update you tomorrow if we get the letter
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now