Berks Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chad

Re: Berks Appeal

Post by chad »

natural wrote:Thanks for your replies.
Although appeal requests have to be submitted by Feb, appeals won't be heard this year until after allocation, I believe April or May.
Thanks for this info..........it would seem that the appeals structure has changed......so that a;; appeals will be held after allocation!!!!!!
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Chad it has been that way for a while - we appealed in 2009, the forms had to be in three or four weeks after the test results, but the appeal was May time. Perhaps Slough G was different as it wasn't part of the consortium then, but they will all have to abide by the same rules now.
chad

Post by chad »

You are probably right...... Slough Grammar were still holding appeals in Jan/Feb.

It would be great to get some feedback (even by private message) as to offers and appeals. My data is becoming increasingly old and out of date.
My son is now in 6th Form (outside the consortium) so I am out of the loop.
natural

Post by natural »

Etienne, thanks. His teacher has included the current working levels in his letter, but I have now removed from my letter so as not to highlight. I can answer if asked.

Just one last question - I am including his Year 5 and 4 end of year reports. They are both very good, but I wondered if is it worth highlighting (highlighter pen) areas I particular want to be noticed? Or would highlighting it not be a good idea?

Thanks for all your help
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

It's a good idea to draw attention to key points, but a highlighter may not show up very well when the papers are duplicated for distribution to all parties. It might be better to underline in black ink.

The key points will be anything showing very high academic achievement or well-above average ability (rather than effort, motivation, etc.).
Etienne
natural

Post by natural »

I just wanted to give an update.
I had my Langley appeal hearing heard in early March, but had to wait to today for the results. My appeal was not upheld but I always knew it was a long shot as there were no extenuating circumstances. As my son was so close to passing I knew I would always wonder and it was some hope to grasp onto at the time.

I tried appealing to St Bernards despite being told by the admissions office that I couldn't. However we've been very very lucky - my son was offered a place at St Bernards without having to go through the appeal process. Our offer came soon after the Langley appeals, so the almost 4 month wait for the appeal result was not torture.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who advised me for my appeal. I feel sure that had we been a different area the appeal would have been successful, and I couldn't have got through that time without this forum.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Wow...well done to you, that's great news, well done.
chad

Post by chad »

However we've been very very lucky - my son was offered a place at St Bernards without having to go through the appeal process.

That's excellent news. :D