Trying to plan ahead for a Kent Appeal and getting evidence

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scaredkentmum

Re: Trying to plan ahead for a Kent Appeal and getting evide

Post by scaredkentmum »

Hi
My mountain to climb has just grown and got more complicated :(
I cant really divulge much here but I hope its ok that I have contacted the appeals box
Thanks in advance
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I will contact you shortly.
Etienne
zeinab

Post by zeinab »

Scaredkendmum, hang in there and hope all will be sorted. :)
scaredkentmum

Post by scaredkentmum »

Thanks Zeinab and Etienne
I can't really say very much here without giving away too many details but thanks for the virtual moral support, I do appreciate it.
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

This is not good to hear, hope things are less of a problem than you feel right now they are x
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

We appealed on Non-qual and over subscription 2 years ago now. Our appeal was all held on one day,
We had a very supportive letter from the HT, no results to take with us. We were in catchment but DD1 has friends who got in from well outside catchment on appeal.
Our school had gone over PAN for the last 5 years at appeal, we were able to say this proved there was no adverse affect on the girls as they continued to achieve highly. We had some extenuating circumstances, these were taken seriously by the panel.

Our appeal was successful so if I can be any help.
Hope whatever has just reared its ugly head isn`t too much of an issue
scaredkentmum

Post by scaredkentmum »

Thanks everyone for your support. When I get to the end of this process I will say what has caused the problem but I can't really say publicly at the moment as it is, I think, such a unique set of circumstances.

Hopefully we are now back on track with a date for an appeal later in May, which gives a few weeks of extra stress, joy!!!
scaredkentmum

Post by scaredkentmum »

Submission date for evidence is looming.

Today's dilemma which has been keeping me awake at night is that one of his school reports has an awful reading age on it; 10 years when he was 10 years old compared to the one the previous year and this year which are more than 2 1/2 years above chronological age.

So do I leave it out thanks to tippex or creative photocopying which feels like fraud to me or leave it in and be prepared to answer questions on it. The problem of course is that I have no idea why it was like that and cant really answer the questions. I think morally I have to keep it in, I wish I was immoral sometimes :lol:
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

You don't have to submit all three reports - the most recent one would be sufficient! :)

However, if there are lots of other 'goodies' in the report in question, then I'd be inclined to take the view that they far outweigh a single reading test!

Besides, if the panel know what they're doing, they'll realise a single reading test may well be unreliable, and that in the light of the other two tests this was a freak result!
Etienne
scaredkentmum

Post by scaredkentmum »

Hi Etienne, we submitted them all in the end as we felt that there were "goodies" in them all that we wanted them to see and we will just have to take questions about that result.

The appeal hearings for the school are over several weeks. I have heard of one person in the first batch who has been successful. I am not sure what to make of that? Presumably it means that there is no prejudice to admit more children but I hope they have not gone up to their limit already. Or am I worrying about something unnecessarily again!