Do we mention the sickness???

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nik18

Do we mention the sickness???

Post by nik18 »

A full explanation of this has been emailed to the appeals email address. The short story is that DD was being sick before the 2nd practice paper and the same thing happened on the morning of the actual 2nd test. We didn't sent her to school on either day, so she sat the tests on alternative days. When we went to the head to discuss our appeal, we were told not to mention this as all children are under pressure and they all react differently. However we don't really have any extenuating circumstances apart from the fact that she seems to get anxious and nervous before tests and doesn't seem to perform to her ability. The sickness wasn't mentioned in the original letter for the appeal, but I wondered if we should say about it during the actual appeal. Grateful for any feedback.
Etienne

Re: Do we mention the sickness???

Post by Etienne »

Welcome!
The sickness wasn't mentioned in the original letter for the appeal, but I wondered if we should say about it during the actual appeal.
I think the head's advice is basically sound, and that you shouldn't go out of your way to raise the matter.

However, if you're asked "How was she on the day?" or something similar (as is very possible), then you should answer truthfully. The point you need to get across is extreme anxiety, not sickness (although sickness will need to be mentioned to explain the background).
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now