to appeal or not to appeal?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MrsB

Re: TO APPEAL OR NOT TO APPEAL!!

Post by MrsB »

[quote=]I was not at all prepared for the headmasters summing up! He basically talked about how much our allocated school had to offer, all it's strengths an achievements etc...also asking me questions about this school and how my daughter would do well wherever she went! I felt so underprepared with my knowledge of this school and felt it may have let me down. [/quote]

Try not to worry about what the headmaster said - hopefully the panel will just be thinking "Well he would say that anyway wouldn't he"

You did your best!
greentea

Post by greentea »

Thanks MrsB. I did do my best and now it is out of my hands! Relaxing weekend trying not to think about it now! Lol!
greentea

Post by greentea »

Hello, thought I would let you know that my appeal was not upheld. I am utterly devastated and am left reeling that my daughter will not have the opportunity to go to this school. The letter stated that the reason the appeal wasnot upheld was because it is deemed that someone of my daughters ability will do well at the allotted school. And that she will be put in the top sets at this school and that it will suit her social needs. I was not at all prepared to argue against this school at appeal as I thought the focus was on the reasons I wanted this particular school. Do I need to accept this or is there something else I can do? Thanks. 
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Greentea,

Please could you copy the decision letter to the Appeals Box, so that we can assess it properly and offer a considered opinion?

It would also help if you could tell us what specific reasons you gave for wanting a place at the school.