Dartford Girls & Newstead Wood Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tonaluko

Dartford Girls & Newstead Wood Appeal

Post by tonaluko »

Will appreciate all advice please and wonder if DD have any chance. OOB & scored 419, missed Newsteadwood by 3 marks (NVR, 121 & VR, 100) - 13th position on waiting list. Dartford was 1st on CAF, followed by Newstead Wood & Townley Girls. She dreams of Dartford and has always been her preferred choice. I fear the fact that 1st DD is in Year 7 in Townley will weaken our appeal. We live in Eltham.

My first experience at appeal - scared & confused where to start from. Based on advice on this forum, which I found very helpful, I have spoken to our Head Teacher and she said I should come in when I received all Appeal forms (Darford & Newstead Wood).

DD is being on level 6 in maths, as the school has applied for her to sit level 6 in her Math SAT. Level 5 in Literacy.

All help will be highly appreciated.
Etienne

Re: Dartford Girls & Newstead Wood Appeal

Post by Etienne »

I fear the fact that 1st DD is in Year 7 in Townley will weaken our appeal.
I don't see why - it is open to you to argue why your child is better suited to the school you're appealing for.

Besides, an appeal panel won't necessarily know about the sibling. See this item about the CAF and whether the panel is likely to have access to it (and therefore to any information you have given there):
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My first experience at appeal - scared & confused where to start from.
All you need to know is in the Q&As! :)
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
tonaluko

Post by tonaluko »

Thanks Etienne for your response. I am presently going through the link you suggested.
Regards. Tonaluko
tonaluko

Appeal help

Post by tonaluko »

Could someone please confirm if advisable to quote and show DD's mark for 11+ in Boroughs she performed exceedingly well, to school appeal in another Borough appeal in a non-qualification appeal (3 marks off cut off).
Thanks.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... laneous#e2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
tonaluko

Post by tonaluko »

Thanks Ettiene, DD now has a place at NW. Didn't have to go through the appeal. Still awaiting result of DGG's appeal. Thanks all for all your support. I've found the forum really helpful.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now