Wallington Girls High School

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Etienne

Re: Wallington Girls High School

Post by Etienne »

Is it possible to get the break down and Math and VR Scores ?
I would have thought you're probably entitled to this information (under the Data Protection Act, if necessary).
Since my daughter has scored more than 326 and since her score is above 346 (the last offered mark), do i need to gather evidences related to her academic ability.
What was the cut-off mark for a place under 4.4.3?
Etienne
kk dad

Post by kk dad »

Vijaya,

you mention that the last offered mark was 346 but your dd scored 356. Was 346 the out of catchment cut off?

That being the case, you should have been offered a place.

Where did you put wallington on your CAF and were you offered a higher preference?
vijaya_ari

Post by vijaya_ari »

No out of the catchment cut off was 363 / 364. This was the Ist preference school for us as were planning to shift based on my my son's (the other twin) allocation. Do we stand a chance - Both me and my daughter are quite upset about all this outcome.
kk dad

Post by kk dad »

I have to assume you are on the waiting list.

In terms of the likelihood of there being enough movement on the waiting list between now and September, it is difficult to say without knowing specifically where you rank on the waiting list (Wallington Girls should be able to tell you this).

In previous years, the score would probably have been good enough, but with increasing numbers taking the test (and passing) and without knowing the level of movement in prior years on the waiting list, I really wouldn't feel comfortable guessing.

Yes, there is always the chance (you might just squeeze it) but that should not deter you from appealing.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

No out of the catchment cut off was 363 / 364.
So this brings us back to the point I was trying to make ......

She qualified, but didn't achieve around 363/364. If you have alternative academic evidence to show that she was expected to score much more highly than she did, then that could be part of your case for an appeal. I'm not saying it should be - just explaining the possibilities!
Etienne
vijaya_ari

Post by vijaya_ari »

Hi

Many Thanks. Will ask the school for the details.

Will get the academic evidences from the school to submit along with the appeal.

Thanks.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now