Help - current school non-compliance with appeal!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

CEA100

Help - current school non-compliance with appeal!

Post by CEA100 »

We have a meeting later this week with my DC's head teacher to see what information they could offer us to assist with our appeal. Early indications show they are going to be unwilling and as obstructive as possible in supporting us. (Primarily because this is a middle school and a large number leave at the end of year 6 leaving ther finances short).

Sympathetic as I am trying to be to their case, my own child is my priority and appeal we will, with or without their support.

My question is, does anybody know what information they may hold on file that may be useful at appeal and what we are legally entitled to be provided with? I don't know what I don't know and I suspect if I don't ask I definitely won't get!

Thanks
capers123

Re: Help - current school non-compliance with appeal!

Post by capers123 »

CEA100 wrote:My question is, does anybody know what information they may hold on file that may be useful at appeal and what we are legally entitled to be provided with? I don't know what I don't know and I suspect if I don't ask I definitely won't get!
You can request the predicted SAT scores & CAT scores - you don't have to say why you need them.

As far as appeals panels go, certainly we realise that some schools do not support appeals so do not 'penalise' appeals where there's no support from the school.
Capers
Etienne

Re: Help - current school non-compliance with appeal!

Post by Etienne »

You are legally entitled to everything on the school record.

See B20
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now