Does legal representation make a difference

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jimjum

Does legal representation make a difference

Post by jimjum »

I have read with interest on this Forum that the general feeling is that Legal advise/Representation is not necessary for a successful appeal.
However I read on one site offering legal advise, that the national average of winning an appeal is around 23% but with their companies success rate is 79%. Looking at those figures I got the impression that chances of success improve by over 50% with Legal Representation.
Please advise as we are really confused about whether we should pay for a legal Rep to prepare our case. This site is so informative that I do feel that we would be able to obtain the required evidence. The only part that is worrying me is trying to prove that the school can accommodate an extra pupil.
The basis of our appeal would be academic ability and reasons for my DD to go to that particular selective school over the local state school.
yoyo123

Re: Does legal representation make a difference

Post by yoyo123 »

I am not the appeals expert , but to paraphrase Christine Keeler " Well they would say that. wouldn't they"
jimjum

Post by jimjum »

That's what I was thinking but just wanted to make sure. If we don't win the appeal my DD will be going to a private school. Its so tempting to think that if our chances are improved its better to spend the money on the appeal and save £1000's in the long run. Guess just wanted some reassurance that we are not making a mistake!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Please advise as we are really confused about whether we should pay for a legal Rep to prepare our case.
No, you don't need to do this, and I firmly believe you'll be better off on your own.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The only part that is worrying me is trying to prove that the school can accommodate an extra pupil.
I've explained in the other thread that you don't have to do this.

It would help if we could keep all your questions in one thread, so I'm going to lock this one.
stick to using this one thread for everything to do with your case: it is your personal “Q&A section” from now on. Please do not start a new thread each time you post about your own case, even if you are moving away from your original question - it helps us to have all the information in one place. We can change the original topic title for you if it no longer seems appropriate.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =35&t=8255" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now