Herts partially selective school

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
very stressed

Herts partially selective school

Post by very stressed »

Dear Etienne
I have posted my mail under Herts Forum for a herts school and our son has not got the place. If you follow the thread, the school, which a is VA has a weird way of offering school places depending on which part of the area you are from. Please see my last posting below. Can you please advise. If you would like me to register to send PM, please let me know. Thanks

"Thank you guest.

I understand fully on your comments. It is a shame that they don't look at the English paper again to see if anything went wrong in marking. My son is expected to achieve level 5b in English at KS2 SATs so he is not weak in this subject. Unfortunately the school he has been allocated is a underperforming school. You can understand why we are so worried. There is this child who is willing to reach his academic potential.. but only if given a chance at a good school.

Please Please is there anybody out there who is appealing for DAO? or has anybody appealed and won/lost? Is there a former member of the panel who could help us? What sort of questions will we be asked if we do decide to appeal? What should we be prepared for at the meeting? Thanks"
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Very Stressed

I cannot unfortunately answer specifically for DAO (and I doubt Etienne will be able to either). However, I suggest you read through the "Appeal Q &A's" that Etienne has prepared - the link is at the top of the page.

Regardless of where your are appealing, you will find much valuable advice there, and it will apply to almost all appeal situations.

I hope that you get a reply specific to DAO on the Herts section.

Good luck
Sally-Anne
Very Stressed

Post by Very Stressed »

[quote="Sally-Anne"]Hi Very Stressed

Regardless of where your are appealing, you will find much valuable advice there, and it will apply to almost all appeal situations.

Hi Sally-Anne
Thanks for your reply. I hope someone will post a reply who had or know of someone who went through the experience of the DAO School's appeal.
Fingers crossed :)