How was your panel?!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
reeyah

How was your panel?!

Post by reeyah »

Just thought I'd ask what others thought of their Appeals Panels?

I had a lovely, friendly female in the middle ( lay person ) and two Education Members, one of whom didn't even make any eye contact or exchange any pleasantries at all! He even continued to look down when he was introduced, which I felt was quite ignorant :roll:

How was your experience? :)
MarbleRun

Re: How was your panel?!

Post by MarbleRun »

Like talking to a wall. :roll:
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Hello Reeyah :D

You are becoming a stranger :( , so it is good to get an update.

Did you manage to put everything together? When do you hear the outcome?

All the best,
UmSusu
UmSusu
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

What did they ask you?
Des

Post by Des »

Hi MarbleRun
I thought I was talking to a wall as well lol, maybe it was as not more then one a year win at our appealed school.
daz

Post by daz »

reeyah wrote:Just thought I'd ask what others thought of their Appeals Panels?

I had a lovely, friendly female in the middle ( lay person ) and two Education Members, one of whom didn't even make any eye contact or exchange any pleasantries at all! He even continued to look down when he was introduced, which I felt was quite ignorant :roll:

How was your experience? :)
Hi I had exactly the same experience recently at an appeal hearing. I was quite upset with the other two, who seemed they were really bored! and not at all interested in what I had to say. I have got another two appeals to go through and I was wondering wether I should bother at all now. :(
MarbleRun

Post by MarbleRun »

Don't let the walls put you off - I know someone who successfully appealed against non-qualification AND oversubscription last year and they agreed completely with the wall description. I expect the panel pride themselves on their inscrutability!!

(I'm hoping they were bored because they couldn't pick holes in our water-tight case !! :lol: )
mystery

Post by mystery »

I don't think you should judge anything by the demeanour of the panel. It's like an interview really - some interviewers come across as really not listening but you still get the job.
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

Well my experience a couple of years ago was of 2 nice members and one not very nice member, he was just soo horrible and kept on and on and on asking me the same question over and over.

However, my friend had her appeal last week and said the panel were very pleasant.
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

I agree totally with mystery. I found our panel last week polite and professional. The chair was extremely friendly, the other two professional and quite 'hard'. Looking back though - they probably don't want to 'give anything away'. They were extremely challenging (looking back strengthened our case as they couldn't dent it). I went in feeling positive and came out feeling like we had no chance - it was upheld.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now