Hearing tomorrow. Stressed. Any advice??

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
monkeymouse

Hearing tomorrow. Stressed. Any advice??

Post by monkeymouse »

Have been lurking on the forum for a while now, has been an amazing source of info and support.
We have our appeal hearing for non- qualification tomorrow. 2 points off pass mark.
Just wondering if anyone who has been through the process can give any last minute words of advice.
So stressed, but trying to see the bigger picture
Etienne

Re: Hearing tomorrow. Stressed. Any advice??

Post by Etienne »

If you've read the Q&As, you should be well prepared. :)
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... lification" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck!
Etienne
monkeymouse

Post by monkeymouse »

They have been my bible for the last few weeks, Etienne! Whatever happens, thank you so so much for this ace forum. :D
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

I can't offer any advice having not been through an appeal, but just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow :)
monkeymouse

Post by monkeymouse »

Just such lovely, supportive people on here! :D Thank you bondgirl.
Am trying to think calm thoughts : that it doesn't matter if we don't get in, that the world will keep spinning.
Hard tho! x
totally_gutted

Post by totally_gutted »

Monkeymouse

Best of luck tomorrow, know how you are feeling as we were in your shoes a few weeks ago. Not sure where you are, or which school you are appealing for.
Only advice I can offer is to be honest in the hearing and remember that panel are not judging you, your ability to give a presentation or use long words. They are there to look at the evidence that your DC deserves that place at GS and all you can do is give them that evidence. What you can't know of course is whether other cases have more or less compelling evidence than you.
But you are one of the fortunate ones who has benefited from this forum so go in there tomorrow knowing that you are as prepared as you can be and that, whatever happens, you have done your best for your DC.
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Good luck monkeymouse!! I hope you sleep/slept well and stay calm. You can only do your best and there are so many variables beyond your control:)
monkeymouse

Post by monkeymouse »

Morning! Thanks for that ourmaninhavana and totally_gutted. :D

totally_gutted : have been following your appeal story for a while. Really hope you are managing to get through this disappointment with your sanity intact.

Going in with the attitude that this is our DS, here is our evidence. Not going to pretend to be something we're not.
See you on the other side!
zeinab

Post by zeinab »

Thinking of you today, mm. :roll:

Good luck.
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

Good luck for your appeal today, monkeymouse.

We had an appeal in April, I didn't realise just how stressed how I was until the evening before! Anyway, yes, try to look at the bigger picture. I am a strong believer of things happening for a reason.....que sera sera and all that. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now