Just had our appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Gemma

Oversubscription appeals have to be heard by the same panel if they are for the same school and taking place at the same time.

Appeals against non-qualification do not - there could be several panels sitting simultaneously, and the person organising the appeals slots appellants in. Absolute consistency is impossible, just as in the courts with different judges and juries.

Regards
Etienne
Gemma

Post by Gemma »

Thank you for clarifying things for me. I myself would hate to be a panel member, huge responsibility plus dealing with so many desperate emotional people. I suppose it is important to try and distance yourself from the emotional bits to reach an objective decision.

Sorry about the moaning earlier. Feel as though the whole thing went a bit pear shaped on the day. I even cried (only a little bit) at one stage when they asked about her emotional state regarding the bullying. Regardless of the result, I am so proud of the way she has picked herself up and moved forward with such determination. I think sometimes our children have a lot to teach us. Very very best of luck to everyone in this forum. There is always a path forwards , even if it is not the route we would have initially chosen.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now