Dd no qualification for bucks

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
miltonkeynesmum

Re: Dd no qualification for bucks

Post by miltonkeynesmum »

Do you have alternative evidence of reasoning ability such as CATs or NFER VR with very high scores? If not, you may need to consider the possibility of an EP report. Read the Q&As, for example:
unfortunately I don't have anything like that so will probably need an educational psychologist report she is very involved in school activities ie on school council , young entreneupers club has been in forefront of establishing book exchange club in school lots of after school activities do these count
miltonkeynesmum

Hi just wanting to know if we decide to go to appeal would it have to be lodged with BUcks within 15 days of allocation of schools , this is really confusing an drew to me as ds1 and 2 are very happy at local school but dd is desperate to go to gs hasn't stopped sighing and crying since FRiday hate to see her so upset
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(If you read the Q&As, you will find answers to questions you haven't even thought of yet. :))
Etienne
miltonkeynesmum

(If you read the Q&As, you will find answers to questions you haven't even thought of yet. :))[/quote][/quote]

That's so true feel I though I have a million thoughts and thing going on in my head at the same time and every so often need to empty them somewhere and unfortunately this forum is getting the brunt of them :?
miltonkeynesmum

Morning just dropped dd off at school and unfortunately the floodgate of tears has started as we've just had the weekend from ****, even this morning she got up because she couldn't sleep and told me not to open any post that might come in case they had made a mistake she's still of hope that there might have been a mistake and has high hopes of a review an d/or appeal soooooooo heartbreaking desperate to try and turn such a negative into a positive seems like an awfully high mountain to climb
miltonkeynesmum

Hi Sally Anne ETienne I've spoken to a gentleman at admissions in Bucks cc and he said that I had to apply for a review otherwise my daughters case could not be heard at appeal because as she failed to qualify her application to her preferred gs would not be considered and if we went to review and then appealed against that decision (if we were unsuccessful ) we could then put our case forward as to why we thought she is suitable for a gs education
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

he said that I had to apply for a review otherwise my daughters case could not be heard at appeal because as she failed to qualify her application to her preferred gs would not be considered
I'm afraid I find this very puzzling. If your daughter has failed to qualify, then logically you will be refused a place at her preferred grammar school(s). If you are refused a place, then you have a right of appeal.
and if we went to review and then appealed against that decision (if we were unsuccessful ) we could then put our case forward as to why we thought she is suitable for a gs education
And yet he makes no mention of this:
b) where a local review process has been followed, the panel must only consider whether each child’s review was carried out in a fair, consistent and objective way ..........
I'll discuss with Sally-Anne ..........
Etienne
miltonkeynesmum

Hi have spoken to another lady at Bucks and she confirmed what I was told earlier have e mailed them to get it in writing.

extenuating circumstances can we say she is nervous and panicky about tests in general, as she was worried about her mock sats straight after 11+ week and she was panicking about those as well.

On actual 11+day she was extremely nervous and said she felt sick and couldn't breathe properly also we are ooc and she was worried about what to expect. After test she came out crying asked why she said she couldn't see clock at all cos she was at back and she was cold. We expected a low score she did finish paper but panicked cos couldn't see clock.

Second test we made sure she had gloves on and a coat I spoke to the invigilators re:clock she said they couldn't move it.

Ds came out much more confident and relaxed cos she said she wasn't sitting at back this time could see clock. Second paper much better marks.
Do you think we could use this in review
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

miltonkeynesmum wrote:
Do you have alternative evidence of reasoning ability such as CATs or NFER VR with very high scores? If not, you may need to consider the possibility of an EP report. Read the Q&As, for example:
unfortunately I don't have anything like that so will probably need an educational psychologist report she is very involved in school activities ie on school council , young entreneupers club has been in forefront of establishing book exchange club in school lots of after school activities do these count
Hi all, we need to have our papers back to bucks by 14 dec. how can I possibly get a reputable ep to meet, assess and compile a report in that timeframe. Any ideas?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

miltonkeynesmum wrote:Hi have spoken to another lady at Bucks and she confirmed what I was told earlier have e mailed them to get it in writing.
that will be helpful!
extenuating circumstances can we say she is nervous and panicky about tests in general, as she was worried about her mock sats straight after 11+ week and she was panicking about those as well.
there is a mention about nerves in the FAQ http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - it is a difficult point as you would probably need evidence of it happening on other occasions and affecting results, a great many kids get nervous before exams - quite a lot do well either despite or on occasions, because of the nerves.