Bucks review/appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Y6mum

Re: What percent of Children get level 6 maths in KS2?

Post by Y6mum »

silly me, I can tell its D for E from the web address :-)
Y6mum

Re: Percentage of Upheld Bucks (non-qualification) Appeals

Post by Y6mum »

Are there any stats relating to what percentage of Buckinghamshire (against non-qualification) appeals were upheld BEFORE selection review came in?

I guess I'm just looking for signs of hope...
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

there is a table somewhere - will hunt and come back to you
Guest55

Re: What percent of Children get level 6 maths in KS2?

Post by Guest55 »

If this is Bucks then do note that I am aware of children with level 6 maths in Upper schools ... being level 6 is a factor but do look for others.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Figures (for 2010) are here:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... aneous#e29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scroll down to (f)
Etienne
Y6mum

Post by Y6mum »

Thanks you Etienne, you are a fountain of knowledge :-)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

This is before the review system though ...
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Scary mum helpfully makes the context clear:
scary mum wrote:There have never been selection reviews before this year. There will be information about how many appeals were upheald in previous years, but it's not the same thing as one followed by the other.
Etienne
Y6mum

Bucks GS Appeal form and evidence

Post by Y6mum »

We are about to submit our bucks grammar school appeal form, but don't yest have all the evidence we intend to put to the panel. For now we simply intend to fill out the form (which is quite simple) and in the Grounds for Appeal part, put 'see attached sheet' upon which we will state our 3 part case (as per the guide on this site). i.e.

1.) challenge FCO
2.) updated academic case (unfortunately no extenuating circumstances)
3.) reasons

Should we state now what evidence we intend to submit to support our academic case or just submit it later and just state that evidence will follow? This will be schoolwork, head's letter, (and possibly letters of non-academic support to indicate responsibility and breadth of interest etc.).

Is this the right approach?
Etienne

Re: Bucks review/appeal

Post by Etienne »

I would just put "evidence to follow" as no one's going to look at your case yet, and there's nothing to be gained by including a list of what you think you might be sending in.
..... possibly letters of non-academic support to indicate responsibility and breadth of interest etc. ....... Is this the right approach?
Apart from this last bit, yes.
    • Non-academic extracurricular activities won't influence a panel’s decision.
      c) Letters of commendation from relatives, neighbours, club secretaries, sports coaches, private tutors and MPs won't impress!

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
      [Don't] tell the panel how much the school will benefit from having the child as a pupil (“This is a clever, responsible, hardworking pupil with numerous extra-curricular interests”!)
      http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... school#c21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne