Bucks Review advice on results and evidence

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Siena_1

Re: Bucks Review advice on results and evidence

Post by Siena_1 »

Hi Etienne

Thanks for your post, just want to be as fully prepared as can be.

I was planning to take the Key Stage 2 Sats results to the appeal as they are sat in May but the school has said the results are not available until July, would the appeal panel be ok with other test results or previous SAT papers?

Any info be great
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I was planning to take the Key Stage 2 Sats results to the appeal as they are sat in May but the school has said the results are not available until July
That sounds correct. Not to worry - everyone is likely to be in the same situation.

Panels will rely on KS2 predictions (and any other evidence). Check with the school nearer the time to see whether they can update the predictions previously supplied.

Also consider whether there are recent test results or SAT papers that would help your case.
Etienne
Siena_1

Post by Siena_1 »

Thanks again,

Just wanted to say I received the clerk notes end of last week and was shocked to how poor they are, the back page had the notes of exactly what I was sent on the letter to say I was unsuccessful and the only other comment was 'not sufficient amount of evidence', is this the proforma document you mentioned on another post?

It did also say normally there is a cost but they have sent it anyway... Lucky me :)
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Siena_1 wrote:Just wanted to say I received the clerk notes end of last week and was shocked to how poor they are, the back page had the notes of exactly what I was sent on the letter to say I was unsuccessful and the only other comment was 'not sufficient amount of evidence', is this the proforma document you mentioned on another post?
Yes, it is - we've not heard of anyone who has actually received the clerk's notes.
It did also say normally there is a cost but they have sent it anyway... Lucky me :)
A tacit admission perhaps that the content is minimal? :?
Etienne
Siena_1

Bucks appeal after an unsuccessful review

Post by Siena_1 »

I sent off my appeal form and docs yesterday and am feeling somewhat relieved. I just wanted to thank Etienne for this forum as well all the other mods.. You all really have kept me focused and although my chances are not great you have all given me options and a lot to think about.

Will keep you posted :)

A quick question regarding head teachers support for an appeal. My dd head said point blank last Friday that she is unable to support this appeal as Bucks CC have said the only support they are required to support was for the review only.. Is that the case with all Bucks head teachers?

Kind regards
Siena
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Strictly speaking, it's correct that all she has been asked to do is to provide the headteacher recommendation, and then the headteacher's summary sheet.

At the hearing do tell the panel what your school's policy is, because in practice I feel sure some heads will think it appropriate to do more than the minimum, and will provide extra support where appropriate. (An example of this would be where there has been significant progress since the headteacher summary sheet was written.)

Thanks for your kind words, Siena. :)

Good luck!
Etienne
Siena_1

Post by Siena_1 »

Thanks for reply Etienne and for the good luck too.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now