Incomplete question booklet in exams

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
afruitie

Incomplete question booklet in exams

Post by afruitie »

During the 11+ test DS and a few of the candidates in his room found out there were few sheets missing from the question booklet. For example from Q5 you go to Q25. For DS it happened in the 2 papers he sat. He said he became confused and had to be very careful therefore wasted a lot of time and could not finish the papers and had to guess the last few questions. Ds that were not affected carried on working.

I think for this to happen in a test that the school has been administering year in year out is appauling. I complained to the school and got a reply back confirming that this happened and actually caused a lot of confusion. It says the room were asked to continue and be careful to match the right question to the right answer on the answer sheet whilst staff look for the missing sheets. According to the email extra time was added. The email also stated that if DS is not awarded a place in March and I decide to appeal they would make the email available to the panel.

I have been thinking really hard and preparing myself if I have to go down the appeal route in March as we would not get the results till then.
I would welcome any advice and comments. What should I do to prepare if I have to go the appeal route in March?
Thanks.
yoyo123

Re: Incomplete question booklet in exams

Post by yoyo123 »

I have moved this to appeals section.
Etienne

Re: Incomplete question booklet in exams

Post by Etienne »

It looks as if no one will dispute what happened in the tests.

You need, therefore, to focus on providing sufficient academic evidence to demonstrate that 'under normal circumstances' your son could reasonably have been expected to qualify for a place.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now