Kent appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

Re: Kent appeal

Post by mystery »

Well that's a good letter - hopefully it will put off a few people and there will be fewer appeals on the day.
Seen

Post by Seen »

Mystery yes,I thought that :lol:

I was indeed nearly one of them for a few minutes there. Starting to feel a bit nervous now though,they sound terrifying (did I mention that my oldest DD goes there)!! :D
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Well, it's appeal day tomorrow ....I'm meant to be writing an assignment that has an impending deadline.........STRESSED :cry: :cry: :cry:
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

Good luck for your appeal tomorrow. We had ours on Friday and it was nerve wracking but such a relief when you walk out of the room and it is over and done with. Now biting the nails and looking out nervously for the postman (even though I know that we won't hear anything today or tomorrow or even Wednesday as there is another day of hearings today).
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Fingers crossed for you Twellsmum.

My assignment is getting nowhere
Seen

Post by Seen »

The very best of luck to you both!

Ours is on Thursday :cry: ***
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

U400JB9 wrote:Well, it's appeal day tomorrow ....I'm meant to be writing an assignment that has an impending deadline.........STRESSED :cry: :cry: :cry:
Good luck for tomorrow U400JB9 - have everything crossed for you. I am sure you will do your DD proud.

Good luck to all those with appeals in the next couple of weeks and those waiting for results.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Thankyou Twinkles .
At least I know the drill this time, and have lots of academic evidence......I'll keep you posted.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Hope you all get places. Good luck.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Well, its done, very pleasant panel, quite relaxed. May be cos I knew what to expect.

Impressed with her academic evidence, took on board all about the bereavement counselling etc, asked lots of questions about that.

Only negative point was one of them asked what evidence was given by the school at HT appeal, as the HT appeal paperwork says her work was not that of a grammar school level at HT appeal :? I hadn`t noticed that before, but they also wondered why there was no mention of the bereavement in the HT appeal either and decided someone was tired :shock: HT told me that, as her scores were SO low they didn`t really look at her workbooks as she wasn`t really considered at HT appeal.

Anyway, 5 working days ( decisions being made as we speak) only a day and a half of appeals ( last time we appealed there were 4 days of appeals!!!). I can`t do anything else. :(
How did I feel it went? Not sure really, feeling a bit deflated.