Kent appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Re: Kent appeal

Post by doodles »

U400JB9 wrote:This is the end of a horrible 12 months, it's time to shut the door on it all and enjoy what we have.
Hold on to that thought; this is the truly important thing to do.
mystery

Post by mystery »

U400JB9 wrote:Thankyou, after my initial disappointment I'm ok......DD2 on the other hand is delighted :shock:

Mystery, I did indeed take your advice and look at the new tables. It would seem in the high achieving groups at both the schools are remarkably similar. Which has reassured me alot.

I think DD2 is happy as she knows where she is going and the waiting is over.

So all is good. Thankyou all
Great. I think you may be very pleased with this outcome in the long term. What percentage of the intake is high achieving I.e. level 5 and what number does this represent?
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

OK, 30 children fall into the high attainers catergory, thats 21% of the cohort.

96% are achieving the required progress in english and 90% in Maths

95% are achieving 5 a*-c GCSE`s as opposed to 98% at the grammar.
I know the high achieving cohort at the grammar is obviously much higher, but to me the percentages look good.

Does that sound OK to you mystery.....stats are not really my thing :oops:
mystery

Post by mystery »

It sounds great. You've got enough children in the high achievers - both in terms of percentage and actual numbers. Also they are practically all making expected progress. I would imagine that they have some making more than expected progress - check out that they are getting As and A* at GCSE for a reasonable percentage too.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I'm sorry to hear of your bad news , but this other school sounds as if it's a good school too. You will have to just draw a line under it all now, although I'm sure it feels rather raw and focus on the positives. Let us know how your dd ( and you! ) are getting on. X
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now