Spalding High school appeal - do I carry on?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

anert

Spalding High school appeal - do I carry on?

Post by anert »

Hi all
I'm just after advise as to whether or not its worth carrying on with the appeal for a place at Spalding High School.

My dd scored 217 in the 11+ papers, her predicted SATs levels are 5's (which is why we decided to appeal). We have an excellent report from the Headteacher giving full support and a letter from her Class Teacher giving predictions for my dd as level 5b reading, level 5c writing and level 5b maths, her test papers were sent in as evidence along with last years school report showing full attendance and showing my dd as a hard working student.

Now today I have received the dates for the appeal and in the letter it states "Even if the panel decide that ***** is qualified for a grammar school education. we cannot offer a place at Spalding High School because there were more applications from qualified children than the number of places available. All places were offered to qualified children with higher priority under the over-subscription criteria."

Any advice would be much appreciated - my guess is there's little point in carrying on - am I right?
Alex

Re: Spalding High school appeal - do I carry on?

Post by Alex »

The letter is simply telling you that you will be appealing against oversubscription as well as non-qualification. This means that you will need to give your reasons for wanting this school for your DD in addition to your academic evidence.
See http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... bed-school" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now