It's this morning - in a panic. Etienne??

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Etienne

Re: It's this morning - in a panic. Etienne??

Post by Etienne »

Sorry - I was away yesterday, Pickle.

No problem if you wanted to read everything word for word.

It doesn't matter what the school thought - you had legitimate questions to put, and every right to ask them.

How did it go?

Hope you survived!
Etienne
tobyprice

organisation of appeals

Post by tobyprice »

Hi Pickle. Not sure if I missed it, but what County are you in?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

As this ought to be Pickle's thread, I've moved some recent posts to a separate topic:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 30#p381830" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
pickle

Post by pickle »

Well we survived!!!!!

It was actually not as bad as I thought it would be. I think we went in as prepared as just 'normal' parents could be and I feel we pretty much said everything we wanted to say. I will fill in the feedback form when I get chance but if there are any questions you have, Etienne about my appeal hearing I'm more than happy to answer. I know there may be certain areas of interest to you that may help other people on here :) but I don't want to bore everybody with the whole thing!

We're fully prepared for a 'no' but glad we did it and relieved it's over!

Pickle.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Fingers tightly crossed for you Pickle.
CarpeDiem

Post by CarpeDiem »

Well done Pickle, wishing you all the best of luck.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Fingers crossed for you all
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Pickle - there's a 'sticky' thread under appeals where you can list on the details.

Hope you got the post appeal vino open!
ladybird1

Post by ladybird1 »

Pickle, my heartfelt good wishes to you. I've been following your thread and well done for giving it your all.
I hope you don't mind me personally thanking Etienne and Sally-Anne too on your thread, their advice and the appeal information links on here helped me feel empowered at our appeal, and we had a positive experience. Lots of communications between both parties and although you always come away thinking, oh I wish I'd said this, I can only be grateful that in the best way I could, I hopefully got all our points across.

Although a bit like you I deep down think shall not go in our favour, the fact I believe we had a strong case (and from body language/vocalisation felt the panel agreed) it shall probably hurt that little bit more when it is a no :cry:

BUT - I am immensely proud of the mature manner my child has dealt with this, we are moving forward and concentrating on allocated school and just so pleased that we were listened to :)

All the best
Ladybird
pickle

Post by pickle »

Thank you all for your support :)
ladybird1 wrote:I hope you don't mind me personally thanking Etienne and Sally-Anne too on your thread, their advice and the appeal information links on here helped me feel empowered at our appeal, and we had a positive experience.
I completely agree. I could not have even attempted this appeal without their support, it hs been invaluable, regardless of the outcome.

I feel that we will be unsuccessful, not because our son isn't capable but because I feel there will be more compelling cases than ours. I'm just glad we did our best for our dc and we got to have our say. Our dc doesn't know that we've appealed but I may tell him after we receive the letter, just so he knows we and hist teacher believed in him and tried. Plus, I think the letter his teacher wrote for him would give him a huge confidence boost which is just what he needs :D

Pickle.