SB3 appeal thread (Bucks)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Dragonamp

Re: SB3 appeal thread (Bucks)

Post by Dragonamp »

Well done SB3,

We were probably due a bit of good news on here!

My son goes to JHGS and I think it's great!

We have DD's postponed appeal for WHS on Friday. The good news is that she went for an induction day at GMS yesterday and loved it. I went to a meeting there yesterday evening and I have to say I was very impressed.

Certainly takes the pressure off a little for Friday.

Congrats,

Paul
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Thank you Paul..
Goodness me, they are dragging out these appeals arn't they.

Good luck on Friday, but I am so pleased you have GMS as a fall back option, the best upper in bucks. :D She will have to find her water wings if she goes there...rowing is big time! Well done for giving it time and finding the positives too...We all (guilty as charged) look at the negatives of our uppers far more than the positive aspects.

Fingers crossed tightly for Friday.
bucksdad8623

Post by bucksdad8623 »

Hi Southbucks3,
Well done and congratulations to you, I'm really pleased you got the right result. Good luck for the future.
I have sent you a PM.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Well we had a tour with a lovely boy today, son number 2 was very shy, but visibly excited about the art, astro, metal work areas, he had seen quite a bit on his induction day, but was happy to see even more. He is desperate to try on the uniform next, but worried about needing so many trainers for each surface. :lol:

We as parents were delighted with the school, it seems so much calmer than rgs and has had a lovely friendly feel about it. We honestly are both thrilled for him today, it has now truly sunk in.

We will still complain about the bucks county council appeal panel, as they should not make people feel wretched during hearings, it is just not on, but we are sure we will stick with John hampden now.
We chose rgs as our very nearest school for our eldest son with the benefit of free transport, rgs is a great school with many opportunities, but we always loved John hampden friendliness. Today has just confirmed that for us, it has also made us doubt our original decision for son number one, as we thought jh seemed so perfect today. We shall be able to compare and contrast for you all as the year progresses.

Bucks dad, thank you for your lovely pm. Your son will have great fun on his team building course at his new school. I wish you luck in your 12+ plans, if he ends up taking them, if not that's great too, as it means he is settled.
I will pm you with anything I can find out on the 12+ or even e mail you in the future months.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Lovely to hear it went well! Maybe ds3 will get inspired too?!

southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Lovely to hear it went well! Maybe ds3 will get inspired too?!

:twisted: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Never! As soon as he found out he would be home by 3.30pm ftom the local upper, I knew any notion of him attending grammar was gone! The boy achieved 128 on cats and 5c in his February year 5 mock sats...his answer: "good I can do nothing for the year now. " :lol: He is who he is!
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

So pleased he had a great time - you're right it does have a lovely feel to it. You never know with ds3 he may have a change of heart (my ds had a very similar attitude!)

Xx
BlueBerry22

Post by BlueBerry22 »

Glad you liked it & feel you will stay there - that is good news.

Thought the jhgs 12+ was just a rehash of the 11+ sat by y6?

For anyone thinking of that route i have been told you need to register early c october. It hadn't crossed my mind it would be that early in the year. I am not keen on this route but ds is so will register him & hope he likes US so much he forgets.

All the best

Bb22
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now