Buckinghamshire -Possible appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jen1976

Buckinghamshire -Possible appeal

Post by jen1976 »

Hi,

I wonder if I can ask for your advice/knowledge .

My Daughter achieved 112 on her 11 plus.

Verbal 51.17
Maths 35.9
Non Verbal 25.81

I have spoken to school and they have said to give an appeal a go, our main appeal will be we had to move in March 2012 ( middle of year 4 for my daughter she was 9) she was extremeley upset about the move and found it very difficult to settle into school. Her levels at the end of year 3 on her school report were Reading 4c Writing 4c Maths 3a. Her end of school year 4 report had her levels at Reading 4, writing3a, Maths 3a. I have obtained her CAT scores carried out at her first school aged 9 and she scored Verbal 114, quantative 117, non verbal 128 overall 120.
She then had to move school again and had problem with friendships which is documented on her school report.

Her levels at the end of last term were 5c maths, reading 4a, writing 4b, science 4a.

I basically dont really know what the CAT scores show is 120 a good score or average and should I include this information? and of course the question we all ask do we have a chance?

Thanks for your time.
Etienne

Re: Buckinghamshire -Possible appeal

Post by Etienne »

Welcome!
jen1976 wrote:our main appeal will be we had to move in March 2012 ( middle of year 4 for my daughter she was 9) she was extremeley upset about the move and found it very difficult to settle into school.
I wouldn't make this the main point. The main argument should always be the strength of the alternative academic evidence.
Her levels at the end of year 3 on her school report were Reading 4c Writing 4c Maths 3a. Her end of school year 4 report had her levels at Reading 4, writing3a, Maths 3a.
This suggests there was an impact following the move.
Her levels at the end of last term were 5c maths, reading 4a, writing 4b, science 4a.
Good!
I have obtained her CAT scores carried out at her first school aged 9 and she scored Verbal 114, quantative 117, non verbal 128 overall 120.
She then had to move school again and had problem with friendships which is documented on her school report.
I basically dont really know what the CAT scores show is 120 a good score or average and should I include this information?
It's borderline in my view. See:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b57" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You could consider an EP report, but it would be expensive and might not come up with the results you want.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... ication#b3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and of course the question we all ask do we have a chance?
We don't yet know how strong the headteacher's support is going to be, and how realistic that support will appear in the context of the head's overall recommendations and the school's 11+ results.
The odds may be against you, but they are against most of those going to review or appeal!
Etienne
jen1976

Re: Buckinghamshire -Possible appeal

Post by jen1976 »

Thankyou