Not sure what to do (Kent)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tigger2

Re: Not sure what to do (Kent)

Post by tigger2 »

Confusedmum....Although I do know of successful appeals for Judd in recent years last year there were just 9 appeals for Judd and none of them were successful. Judd agreed to take on an extra 30 year 7's last September and there is a strong possibility that this will happen again in 2014. There may well be info on this forum about the lowest score off the waiting list but Judd will certainly respond to an email request for info to give you an idea.
confusedmum.com

Post by confusedmum.com »

Thought I would post an update to my earlier comments made back in October when we got our DS's results. He was heartbroken when he thought he would not be able to join his brother at Judd and we thought his score was too low for Skinners.

When we got our allocated school on 3 March, it was none of the four schools we had listed on our CAF. At re-allocation he got Skinners and we were really pleased - it's a fantastic school. We still went ahead with our appeal for Judd and we have just found out we were one of five who have had their appeal granted. I think there were 17 appeals in total. He is now one very happy little boy.

This website has been full of fantastic advice and support and I think the thing I really came away with was 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'. DS had put everything into his 11+ and so we had to do the same for him at appeal.

I know we are one of the lucky ones but I wish everyone all the best in their appeals - it is such a stressful time. I am sure that in a year we will wonder why we worried so much, when our DCs have all settled into their schools.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Oh well done Confusedmum!! I am so pleased for you -your ds can relax and have a lovely summer now.I still don't regret the appeals that I put myself through 3 years ago. Ds hasn't forgotten either and said that our belief in him spurred him on. I love hearing these success stories but if anyone out there is not successful please don't despair...there are fantastic alternatives and not having your appeal upheld is not the end of the world. I only say this because, at the time, it was hard to take and thus forum was a great source of support.
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

WOW! Congratulations confusedmum that is great news :D . As you say nothing ventured, nothing gained - a wonderful result.

Now you can all enjoy his last few weeks at primary knowing you got the school you all wanted and where he will, I'm sure, flourish the same as his big brother.

Well done.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Wow - great news for you and your DS you must be sooooo relieved- I went through the whole horrible process last year for a Gloucester grammar place for my DS. - Having seen how he has grown up and settled in and recently had a head teachers letter commending his progress and ability I am so glad put myself though it!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now