Here we go again (apple23)

Post by Apple23 »

Dear Sally-Anne and Etienne

Here I am again, this time with my DD for the Bucks 11+ :(

She scored 106 on the test, split as follows:

Verbal 58.91
Maths 25.06
Non-verbal 22.10

The school are very surprised that she didn't pass and we're all shocked at her low verbal score as this is a real strength of hers. The HT has given a rating of 2:2 and I know (from experience) that she scores conservatively and does not give many 1's at all.

Her SATS predictions for Y6 are 5B for Reading and Writing and 5C for Maths.

Our school don't do CATs and no longer assess reading age so I'm really scratching around for any other academic evidence on your list. Do you think I should have her assessed by an Ed Psych given the paucity of other evidence?

There is one extenuating circumstance which I will send to the Appeals Box.

Any advice very gratefully received :(

Apple 23
Etienne

Re: Here we go again (apple23)

Post by Etienne »

Welcome back! :)
The HT has given a rating of 2:2 and I know (from experience) that she scores conservatively and does not give many 1's at all.
Good!
Our school don't do CATs and no longer assess reading age so I'm really scratching around for any other academic evidence on your list. Do you think I should have her assessed by an Ed Psych given the paucity of other evidence?
It's something you ought to consider if there's a lack of evidence. I'm sorry I can't recommend anyone.
There is one extenuating circumstance which I will send to the Appeals Box.
The extenuating circumstances are worth a brief mention. The one that the headteacher raised would be best coming from her on the headteacher summary sheet, e.g. "I am aware that ..... and concerned that ...... could have ......."
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now