Bullying

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

swoops

Bullying

Post by swoops »

Background info sent to appeals box.

Our DD has been bullied since the start of term, unfortunately we did not realise until this week. Obviously we are upset about this and are working to resolve these issues. We very much believe that if this had not been happening she would have achieved a higher score.
Etienne

Re: Bullying

Post by Etienne »

Welcome!

Upsetting as this, the most important part of an appeal will be the academic evidence. As we often say, you might win an appeal with strong academic evidence but no extenuating circumstances. You cannot win an appeal with extenuating circumstances but insufficient academic evidence.

If the school won't help, see:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
swoops

Post by swoops »

Thank you Etienne, we have school report from Y5 showing level 5's achieved when they did there practice SATS. It also has a statement from the teacher saying her self esteem suffers when there are friendship issues. We will concentrate now on collecting academic evidence from the school.
Can I ask, is there a 'good' time to ask school for predicted SATS scores? Are they automatically given out at a certain time close to the SATS if so would this be before or after appeal (I believe this is normally May/June time in my area), is it better to ask as close to the appeal as possible to get a more accurate prediction.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

You need written confirmation of predicted KS2 levels just before filling in your appeal form.

A few weeks before the appeal date, you could check with the school that everything has been progressing as expected.
In the event of better than expected progress, you could try asking for a letter to confirm this.
See late evidence:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now