As with GS711, we suggest you write to your MP to see if he/she would ask the Department for Education whether it is justifiable for this school (an academy, answerable to the DfE) to charge so much for a re-mark, when Kent and Gloucestershire make no charge at all, and Buckinghamshire LA (acting on behalf of all their grammar school academies) charge only £25.
Don't worry about possibly upsetting the school (it will make absolutely no difference to how they deal with your application/appeal), and don't raise any other issues at this time.
So this is what you get for you £25 from Bucks:Test 1
Section score achieved max. raw score
comprehension 10 25
Opposite words 13 25
Pictures 12 21
Maths1. 15 24Test 2
Maths2. 10 16
Matching words 9 28
sequences 20 32
left over words 6 14
missing words 5 18Raw scores - overall
non verbal 32
1. full age standardised score 2. component scores - weighted
verbal 89.29 verbal 44.64
maths 131.51 maths 39.45
non verbal 120.16 non verbal 24.03
3. overall weighted score (STTS) = 108
The raw score to age standardised score calculation to remove the age effect is:
age std score = SD* (raw score-(age*age coefficent) - mean
1. The three measures (verbal, maths and non verbal) are standardised separately using a mean of 100 and standard deviation of -38.
2. 50% of the verbal age standardised score, plus
30% of the maths age standardised score, ply
20% of the Non verbal age standardised score.
3. the Weighted age standardised score has a mean of 100 and standard deviation of approximately 38. Decimal places are always rounded down.viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12629&p=409228&hilit=scan#p409228