OH Boy 11+ appeal Wirral

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tyra

Re: OH Boy 11+ appeal Wirral

Post by Tyra »

I feel your pain!!! My DD has just missed by two marks and was expected to fly it!! She wants WKGS and same as you we have an older one in school already!! Have also read every flipping thing I could find and it has choked me to fill in that secondary form today!! Feel worse than I did last week! It does appear that everything seems to be academic based in these appeals but surely they must want to know something about the child and their personality! Thankfully as you, we have a very supportive primary to help us with this nightmare, which none of us thought we would possibly be in :(

You may be lucky though the fact that Calday is a very sporty school as well and I could not imagine that his sporting success would not be a big plus point! Good luck :)
mammy1

Post by mammy1 »

Thanks Tyra,
Let's hope something good comes from this for us all! :?
mammy1

Experienced Appealant Advice -Calday Grange GS Wirral

Post by mammy1 »

Can anyone give me advice of how their appeal went at Calday, I know each one is different, but I haven't got a clue of what to expect. The advice is excellent on this site but I just could do with a bit of personal feedback.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Have you had a look through the feed back from all areas? There are some Wirral responses in there There is a lot to trawl through but I have seen some. I would also ask whoever deals with school admissions at the school about the previous appeal history for the past few years. Some schools seem to have very very few if any successful appeals others seem to have have some allowed.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =35&t=9205" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mammy1

Post by mammy1 »

Thanks DC17C, I will have a look.
Tyra

Post by Tyra »

Hi Mammy1

Hope you are feeling a little better! I have had a good look through the latest posts! From what I see and hear Calday do have success in appeals and I think by looking at some figures that someone had posted up it looks like we might be lucky and there won't be over subscription! But again things might change! I know of somebody last year who got in Calday and there son was 9 off! I think your sons sporting ability will help certainly with Calday! Sending positive thoughts your way :). We are hoping same the West Kirby is not over subscribed it seems that Wirral Boys and Girls get easily over subscribed, don't know why that is as they are as good as each other!! Maybe it is because of catchment for some :)
mammy1

Post by mammy1 »

Hi Tyra,
Good to hear from you again,still feeling upset this end, how about you?
I also know of people that have got into Calday and West Kirby through appeal for non qualification - we must be positive, it's hard though hey?
I know the Head teacher situation a few years ago at Calday did a lot of damage, I also think the Academy status at WKGS caused some to re think. It has to be noted though that the Wirral Grammars bus service is now a good set up , something I believe has a lot to do with people choice.
Keep in touch Tyra,
x
Tyra

Post by Tyra »

Hiya

Having good days and bad days to be honest!! Seem to be fine when I am nowhere near School :( Our DD was only one of three fails, one of which was not at all expected to pass! And to miss it by one question just seems like torment! It's awful I feel like everyone is talking and looking!! DD is dealing with it fine as teachers have told all of them it is not to be discussed and she has told me that no one has said anything which is good for her to feel normal again! I can't stand this waiting around though! March seems a hellish amount of time away!

I think your right with regard to Calday probs and West Kirby going to Academy status! Although nothing has changed there as my eldest is in Year 10 and they still have same teaching standards and the girls are still having to reach their targets and produce an excellent standard of work so really nothing has changed! Although we are getting a new head in January which worries me slightly as the previous head was so good and the girls really liked her! We shall see!

Wish I could find out more about birthrate, I have looked everywhere and cannot find out if it is low or high this year! :?
mammy1

Post by mammy1 »

Tyra,
I think your DD will be ok, as you say 1 question! As long as academic evidence is in place it should be fine, West Kirby does accept off Appeal - lets just hope there's no over subscription.
I'll keep my ear to the ground and let you know if anything of interest shows itself!
Tyra

Post by Tyra »

Fingers crossed for all of us in this awful situation! Likewise if I hear anything I will let you know!

Bless her DD is working like a Trojan to get her levels up as she realises its last chance saloon in March! We are having to keep up with VR and Vocab as there is another NFER test in February! I presume your son will be same! So we need score to be as high as it was in February of Year 5! By the time we go to appeal we are hoping that the PS will be able to report higher predicted SAT levels for end of year 6! God I hate to be putting all this pressure on her but she wants the school so badly so what can one do? :?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now