Appeal for KE schools Birmingham

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ckv

Appeal for KE schools Birmingham

Post by Ckv »

Hi my daughter scored 223 in Birmingham grammar schools exam, just 2 weeks before her exam my father passed away and we had to rush to India for funeral and we returned only one day before her exam, now council offered KE Handsworth. We wanted KE camp hill . We understand she is 26th in the waiting list. What are our chances.. Please let me know , thank you
KenR

Re: Appeal for KE schools Birmingham

Post by KenR »

For the appeal or the waiting list?

If it's the former - not great, very few appeals for the KE grammars are successful - typically only a handful every year. Check some of the posts from previous years

On the waiting list, difficult to say - you need to find out from the KE foundation how many above PAN they offered because it will need to drop to PAN before the waiting list kicks in.

However I wouldn't be too discouraged - your daughter did very well and KE Handworth is a very good school and has pretty good green bus transport from right across the city

You need to decide if it really worthwhile going after KECHG - to be honest if I was in your position I doubt I would do anything as this might unsettle your daughter
Ckv

Re: Appeal for KE schools Birmingham

Post by Ckv »

KenR wrote:For the appeal or the waiting list?

If it's the former - not great, very few appeals for the KE grammars are successful - typically only a handful every year. Check some of the posts from previous years

On the waiting list, difficult to say - you need to find out from the KE foundation how many above PAN they offered because it will need to drop to PAN before the waiting list kicks in.

However I wouldn't be too discouraged - your daughter did very well and KE Handworth is a very good school and has pretty good green bus transport from right across the city

You need to decide if it really worthwhile going after KECHG - to be honest if I was in your position I doubt I would do anything as this might unsettle your daughter

Hi I am happy to inform you that my daughter is been offered a place in KE CAMPHILL without any appeal, she is very happy. Thank you :)