Appeals paperwork - Gloucestershire

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

titch

Appeals paperwork - Gloucestershire

Post by titch »

I asked the headmaster at ds primary school for a letter to confirm predicted SATs etc which he has kindly done, however he has email the letter as attachment so therefore we have no signature.

Do I need to go back to the headmaster to asked for signed copy?
DC17C

Re: Appeals paperwork - Gloucestershire

Post by DC17C »

I had this issue last year - I printed the letter off and asked the head to sign the copy. I did send an email from a teacher as well which was not signed but had the teachers email address on it so I guess was accepted
titch

Post by titch »

I think I may have to the same.

I think I now have a handle of what paperwork I need to send at the end of April but at what point do you get to see the 11+ answer sheet?
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

A few weeks before the appeal date I received a letter with the school's evidence - that included copy of the test answer sheet with results and how many other children had not got a place but were higer up the rank order and that may give some idea of how many other appeals there might be.
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

We were lucky that our head sent copies of the letter home and asked us to review it and then they were happy to edit it if anything was missing, they then gave us copies for both appeals as well as one for our records all signed.

We received our paperwork for the one appeal a couple of weeks before the other. As part of the schools evidence we had a copy of the answer sheets, what I did find interesting was that one school asked to have his answers checked on his original enlarged paper as according to the print out he had 2 non-answered questions, this was found that they were answered and the post exam scribe had not transferred these answers. This was annoying for us as it took him over threshold for our second choice school.

But what we also found out if your child sat at a different school to your appeal they may not have the original answer sheets and only the computer print out information similar to yours, as the appeal we did go to they told us they had to contact the original school it was sat at.
titch

Post by titch »

Many thanks for all this information, its all very helpful.

We are now trying to decide what to put on the appeals form other than it was our first choice. Also still plucking up the courage to ask the head to sign the letter, strange that talking to a head makes you feel like a school child again!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now