mamabear appeal bucks

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
heartmum

Re: mamabear appeal bucks

Post by heartmum »

Good Luck MamaBear :) x x x

.. hand-delivered mine today, must admit walking up those steps into County Hall :shock: my legs felt like lead weights, but felt a huge sense of relief when handed in and walking out :)
Heartmum x x x
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

Thanks heartmum, best of luck to you. Hope we will be celebrating in Feb!
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Yes - good luck to all who are progressing through this horrid process! I hope we will all be celebrating in Feb - or at least reasonably happy with what we get allocated in March if not!!

Time to put it to the back of our heads now!! :roll: :lol: :)
Rags

Post by Rags »

Booklady wrote:Yes - good luck to all who are progressing through this horrid process! I hope we will all be celebrating in Feb - or at least reasonably happy with what we get allocated in March if not!!
If we're not celebrating in Feb, we sadly, won't in the least happy - there are no good alternatives where we are. The best option is to slide across the border...

Fingers crossed.
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Rags wrote:
Booklady wrote:Yes - good luck to all who are progressing through this horrid process! I hope we will all be celebrating in Feb - or at least reasonably happy with what we get allocated in March if not!!
If we're not celebrating in Feb, we sadly, won't in the least happy - there are no good alternatives where we are. The best option is to slide across the border...

Fingers crossed.
Yes I know - we would still be on the edge of our seat till March since our catchment Upper (which is NOT on our CAF) - is diabolical! So we'd be hoping for an out of catchment place from the next door borough! Not easy is it!! :roll: :roll:
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

My plan b (plan a being G.S) is to home-school! I'm so busy with this selection review I forget I'm expecting baby no4 in March. Yesterday baby was kicking like anything to make me remember he or she is there!

Hope we get good news in Feb, I'll be so happy I'll skip the epidural!!
Rags

Post by Rags »

Booklady wrote:Yes I know - we would still be on the edge of our seat till March since our catchment Upper (which is NOT on our CAF) - is diabolical! So we'd be hoping for an out of catchment place from the next door borough! Not easy is it!! :roll: :roll:
Gosh, our situations are so similar I'd think I was talking about myself, with your descriptions. No. It is not easy. We didn't put the local upper on our CAF either - even though it's 3 mins walk from our door - my wife did a half term working there on a placement - what's heartbreaking is that anyone has to go there. Some children do go there, and do well, but it's so difficult for them.

MamaBear wrote:My plan b (plan a being G.S) is to home-school! I'm so busy with this selection review I forget I'm expecting baby no4 in March. Yesterday baby was kicking like anything to make me remember he or she is there!

Hope we get good news in Feb, I'll be so happy I'll skip the epidural!!
We've thought about home-schooling. A more viable option than private (and cheaper overall, despite that my wife would have to stop working to do it.)
How much simpler would things have been, if only ... *sigh*

Anyway, good luck with number 4 (isn't there a film about that..?)
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

Well done mamabear! Once you hand it in tomorrow it will be a huge relief and let's hope all of us are successful in February. Dolly ****
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

Finally handed it in, remembered to get the receipt, then treated ds2 to lunch at his favourite restaurant. He's going camping today for the weekend, with his scouts, its amazing how resiliant he has been. Thank you everyone for the support and encouragement, what will be, will be,
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Good Luck MamaBear :) ... sending good wishes your way and to everyone going through their review x x x
Heartmum x x x