11+ appeals

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rosie1306

11+ appeals

Post by rosie1306 »

Hi All, I'm new to this forum and was looking for some advice please, My son missed out on the 11+ pass rate by 1 mark!! :( , we are going to appeal this as overall he is achieving what he should in school at present, he also has an older brother in the Grammar school. I discussed the appeal with the admission department who told me that I cannot submit any appeals before 2nd March 2015 after all the allocations for schools have been given, is this correct? We have had to submit our preference form stating the other schools he wishes to attend but isn't this too late once places have been allocated? also does anyone know the appeals success rate in Wirral Grammar Boys and how long does the process take? Thanks in advance x
DC17C

Re: 11+ appeals

Post by DC17C »

Hi I am not in the Wirral area but have been through an appeal for a Gloucester GS- it was tough time but for us worth it in the end. Yes that is right about waiting until after the allocation day in March. I actually phoned and asked the school about previous successful appeals and current numbers over PAN current year groups. How they respond to such a question may also tell you something of the school's attitude to appeals

If the GS is you first choice then still put it first so if there is any remote chance of a reconsideration with it being so close then this can be done and the council will know it is your first preference.

Have a look at the appeal info on the appeal pages above ... there is a lot to go through and many of the questions you have in your head are likely to be answered and many others you have not yet thought of!!

If you need to ask anything specific of the moderators then follow the instructions for posting confidential info to the drop box.

Compile you evidence but you may find it worth leaving getting an evidence letters from school until March time as they will have done SAT mock papers by then.
rosie1306

Post by rosie1306 »

Thanks for your reply, my head is everywhere at the moment, it just seems so cruel, apparently his Primary school referred his mark to the Independant panel who still said no but I have since heard that they often decline in the hope that people wont appeal any further? Im definately appealing and hopefully we will be successful, I will contact the Grammar school too as you advised, thanks x
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Welcome to Appeals! :)

Do have a good look at the Q&As:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=35032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now