Selection Review/Appeal (Bucks)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Etienne

Re: Selection Review Bucks

Post by Etienne »

Have merged your threads. Please keep to one topic on Appeals - it helps to have all the information about your case in one place.
One question I have is should I provide another letter from the Headteacher, or should I just stick to the support provided within the selection review paperwork which indicates that DD would be suitable for GS.
Schools are permitted - but not obliged - to provide additional evidence (additional to what they supplied for the review) before an appeal. There would be little point in headteachers merely repeating what they have already written - but
    • • if there is something in the review paperwork that really needs clarifying, or
      • if there has been recent rapid progress,
- one hopes they would be willing to give their support.
Etienne
dino2003

Re: Selection Review/Appeal (Bucks)

Post by dino2003 »

We also got our selection review rejected.
His end of year 5 levels were 4A in maths 4A in reading and 3a in writing....when we sent documents it was 5B in maths 5C in reading and 4B in writing with predicted 5A, 5A and 5C.
Selection review got refused as they mentioned writing level from 3a to 5c is unrealistic so refused on basis of not academically capable.
My son at the moment is on Level 6 for both math and reading and 4a but nearly 5c in writing.
Is their any chances of wining the appeal as he is well above is predicted level and to one they objected have almost reached before the end of year.....
Is this sufficient or do we need more academic evidence. ..His score was 117
dino2003

Re: Selection Review/Appeal (Bucks)

Post by dino2003 »

We also got our selection review rejected.
His end of year 5 levels were 4A in maths 4A in reading and 3a in writing....when we sent documents it was 5B in maths 5C in reading and 4B in writing with predicted 5A, 5A and 5C.
Selection review got refused as they mentioned writing level from 3a to 5c is unrealistic so refused on basis of not academically capable.
My son at the moment is on Level 6 for both math and reading and 4a but nearly 5c in writing.
Is their any chances of wining the appeal as he is well above is predicted level and to one they objected have almost reached before the end of year.....
Is this sufficient or we need more evidence....His score was 117.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now