I just guess I need to know do I keep the FCO bit very generic and ask QS at the hearing...or do I raise the Qs in the appeal submissionviewtopic.php?f=12&t=41358
D11. To summarise Section D:
On the information available to us at present, there should be three parts to your written case, clearly set out with headings:
(i) 'Fair, consistent & objective':
• You need only write "At the hearing we shall wish to query whether the Selection Review was 'fair, consistent & objective'".
We're inclined to think that this is the best approach (to ask questions at the hearing, and not reveal in advance what they're going to be).
• However, if you have some really strong points to make now, you could go into more detail, listing your concerns ("We don't think the review process was 'fair, consistent & objective', because .........."), and adding "There may be further points we shall wish to raise at the hearing, having heard the Admission Authority's case."
• Remember: you cannot challenge the review panel's judgement - but you can suggest there was a fault with the process.
(Ideal length: anything from a single sentence up to half-a-page)
Do not use the appeal form to ask questions - questions should be left until the hearing.
(ii) The case for qualification:
• either "Please see our previously submitted Selection Review case and accompanying evidence" -
• or set out your updated case.
(Ideal length: anything from a sentence up to a page. Any supporting evidence would be additional to this, and should be attached as appendices.)
(iii) Reasons for wanting or needing a place.
(Ideal length: approx. half-a-page. Any supporting evidence would be additional to this, and should be attached as appendices.)
If you need more time:
A8. If you feel you need more time to prepare your case, fill in an appeal form, but under "Grounds for appeal" just write:
"I wish to appeal against the decision to refuse a place at ***** School. Full details of case to follow."
Provided you submit your case at least 8 school days before the hearing (or whatever deadline is given to you), there will not be a problem
I just don't have any other info to hand re prev VR etc...should I contact the school for this?