Bucks refered decision to moderation how do we proceed?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daddy11

Bucks refered decision to moderation how do we proceed?

Post by Daddy11 »

Hi there,
Bucks C/Council rejected our daughter's selection head teacher review against non qualification (STTS 115.) She has a congenital heart condition and was off sick with glandular fever for 8 wks in the spring term 2014.
We now intend to appeal.
On selection review,H/teacher graded "2" for grammar school suitability & "1" for attitude to learning.
Submitted doctor & consultant's evidence to explain how heart defect impacted schooling over few yrs (surgery, out patient visits etc) & how long she was off with g/fever.
Panel stated a" lack of evidence from school and that medical evidence would have impacted but they are not sure how significantly?" They ticked the moderation box, to refer the case to moderation, saying panel undecided as to how much the medical conditions would have affected her performance?
Now have a strong supportive letter from school ( level 5's in yr 5,strong level 5's in yr 6,reading age 13 etc) and very explicit evidence from medical term about the effects of the virus & its impact.

Not sure how I approach the box on the form to state my reasons for appeal.
Can you please help? I have to have the form back to them in 2 days.(!) Sorry for the late notice really hope you can help?
Thanking you in advance.
L
Sally-Anne

Re: Bucks refered decision to moderation how do we proceed?

Post by Sally-Anne »

Daddy11 wrote:Not sure how I approach the box on the form to state my reasons for appeal.
Can you please help? I have to have the form back to them in 2 days.(!) Sorry for the late notice really hope you can help?
I am unfortunately very busy at present so I can't reply in detail, but on the yellow form you do not have to state detailed reasons for the appeal. You can simply write: "Our evidence will follow".

All the yellow form does is lodge your application for an appeal. You will then be notified of the date of the hearing and the deadline for you to submit your full case - around 10 days in advance. That could be a month or two away, so please don't panic!

I'm sure Etienne will clip-clop into the picture shortly to answer the rest of your questions, but I did want to reassure you on that point.
Etienne

Re: Bucks refered decision to moderation how do we proceed?

Post by Etienne »

Welcome! :)
Now have a strong supportive letter from school ( level 5's in yr 5,strong level 5's in yr 6,reading age 13 etc) and very explicit evidence from medical term about the effects of the virus & its impact.
That could be very useful for an appeal.
It doesn't invalidate the review/moderation process, though - the review panel and moderators could only take into account the information presented to them at the time.

Have you read this thread? - http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=41358" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It tells you everything you need to know about appealing after a review.
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now