LG Appeal Advice

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Dollydripmat

Re: LG Appeal Advice

Post by Dollydripmat »

I have just re-read your post from the beginning . Between Middle of Y3and Y4 my daughters scores hadn't moved much, however I didn't mention it at all on my review form , as I do feel children don't always follow a straight line. I thought what mattered most was her current ability and predictions and that was my main focus of my review paperwork. I wanted our paperwork to prove her academic ability as I mentioned by highlighting key academic points on her school report . Our HT gave her a 1:1 and fully expected her to pass . I worried a lot about how I could convince a panel to understand the "why" she hadn't passed. In the end I thought the best approach as I said was to mention it briefly but promote her recent and end of Y5 academic ability. Apologies if I'm rambling , dolly xxxxxx
11+mum123

Post by 11+mum123 »

Thanks. Very good point on highlighting comments in report. My other question is what is this HT recommendation. Am I missing something as my sons HT has not recommended a 1:1 or 2:1 etc. What is that?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

11+mum123 wrote:Thanks. Very good point on highlighting comments in report. My other question is what is this HT recommendation. Am I missing something as my sons HT has not recommended a 1:1 or 2:1 etc. What is that?
It's Buckinghamshire only - doesn't apply to LG.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... laneous#e9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
11+mum123

Post by 11+mum123 »

Thanks