educational psychologist?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

educational psychologist?

Post by Guest »

Hello all....

My daughter scored 117 in Bucks but has been assessed as 2:2 by the headmaster. She was number 10 on his list of 60 kids and he expected her to pass. She had what I thought were pretty decent SATS results for year 5 results, including a 5 for literacy. The school will support an appeal, therefore.

So although we have a fairly low score, my daughter is keen to appeal (it was her initial suggestion) and so I am happy to persue this.

I am wondering whether a review with an educational psychologist would help at all? Does anyone have any experience with this? Or anything similar/useful?

Thanks very much.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

See Q&As, B3.

An EP report might provide useful additional evidence of ability - if it comes up with high scores. If it doesn't [and provided you don't mind the cost], you've nothing to lose - you don't have to submit it.

Regards
Etienne
ruth-bucks

Post by ruth-bucks »

Hi Etienne - thanks for this. (This was my original posting as "guest" earlier today).

I've reviewed some of the other postings on the same subject. It seems to me that this may be a waste of money in our case; we will get good academic support from the school and my daughter has no learning difficulties.

My daughter's father and I have been divorced for over 3 years, separated for nearly 6. We do have a different/awkward family situation but this is fairly personal and I don't know how relevant it would be. Most postings seem to be going in the direction to say that academic suitability is the most important aspect, other stuff is largely irrelevant unless an event (or whatever sort) happened on the day of the exam or very close to the exam dates.

Cheers, Ruth
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now