115/114 11+ results

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sharone

Post by sharone »

Dear Etienne

As I mentioned earlier, I have no idea as to how accurate our head teacher's assesment of order of suitability is, as they are an acting head. Although, through the child grapevine, we know that 3 children at my son's school passed (out of 60, and this is a good year as normally only 1-2 or no children pass) I do not know if they were ranked above or below our son. Are we allowed to ask our head for this information, or is this confidential?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Sharone

The information is not confidential (although you cannot, of course be given the names of other children). I see no reason why you shouldn't ask for an anonymised list. After all, you can point out to the head that you will eventually be given the order of suitability anyway (with the appeal papers). If you have access now, it will give you more time to think about how to present your case.

Regards
Etienne
sharone

Post by sharone »

Dear Etienne

Thanks for that, I will ask our head, as this info would work in our favour if the acting head was accurate in their assesments.
Suki

Post by Suki »

Sharone

As I have posted somewhere else on this forum, we went for appeal last year as my son scored 2 X 120, although very close to the pass mark we still had to have full support of the school head. Our school head was excellent, she basically was very honest with regards to attitude and ability and predicted 3 level 5's in Sats.

On the day of the appeal as you can imagine both my husband and I were very nervous, but the appeal panel were so warm and really put us at ease. All I did was read out our statement, there were no extenuating circumstances etc, only that both we and our school head felt our son was more suitable for Grammar. Luckily we were successful and he now attends Burnham Grammar and has settled in so well.

Good luck for your appeal, and all I can say is just stick with the facts and be honest in your approach.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now